News By Tag
News By Place
Follow the Gold Rush to Australia!
The recently staged Commonwealth Games in Australia have showcased what a fabulous country it is. If you are thinking about a visit, let Fleewinter create the perfect itinerary for you.
A recent national survey in the UK concluded that Melbourne and, unsurprisingly, Sydney, were both confirmed as two of the best 20 cities in the world in which to live.
Both cities are visited on a number of Fleewinter's suggested itineraries, including the 19-day Epic Oz: Cities, Islands and Outback (https://www.fleewinter.com/
In under three weeks, Fleewinter's jam-packed itinerary will introduce you to most of the highlights of this ancient land with its modern, cosmopolitan cities, stunning scenery, tropical islands and a coastline that seemingly stretches forever.
The adventure starts in Melbourne, Victoria, the grand old dame of Australia, whose historical buildings with their wrought ironwork are a reminder of the country's first settlers. These days the city has a reputation for one of the best cities in Australia for wining and dining and is also home to the Australian Open (tennis), the largest annual sporting event in the southern hemisphere, which takes place at Melbourne Park every January.
Highlights of the itinerary which is ideal for the first-time visitor include:
· A guided walk to discover Melbourne's back streets and hidden secrets
· Philip Island – home to the largest colony of Fur Seals in Australia
· The remarkable 12 Apostles – the limestone stacks off the Great Ocean Road
· Saying hello to the kangaroos, wallabies and penguins on Kangaroo Island
· Watching the sun set behind Uluru and the colours change on Kata Tjuta during sunrise
· Discovering the mystical King's Canyon
· City tour of Sydney and enjoying a proper Aussie BBQ!
· Hiking thorough the Blue Mountains and taking a selfie with a koala
All Fleewinter's itineraries to Australia are merely suggestions. Should you wish to incorporate, for example, the Australia Open, or anything else, do not hesitate to ask.
The holiday costs from £2780 pp (two sharing) which includes 18 nights' B&B, transfers, excursions as per the itinerary and car hire (international and regional flights extra, bookable through Fleewinter). To see all Fleewinter's Australia itineraries CLICK HERE (http://www.fleewinter.com/
Call 020 7112 0019 (www.fleewinter.com
Mick Thompson, Travel Dog PR