News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
CTEF Focuses on Qualified Labor at Coverings 18
Installation Experience, CTI Challenge, and CTEF Education Session Highlight Importance of Tile Installation Excellence and Qualified Labor during Coverings 2018 in Atlanta, Georgia
What is the Installation Experience?
The Installation Experience consists of several sections:
· A self-guided, designated pathway that takes attendees through a sequence of rooms with fully interactive live installations where top representatives will answer questions. They will have the opportunity to speak with industry experts regarding key processes, learning new strategies and experiencing hands-on demonstrations of the most modern of technologies.
· In the Hall of Failures and the Hall of Excellence, attendees will see firsthand through actual installations the difference between the right and wrong way to perform a tile installation.
· In the Hall of Excellence, CTEF will demonstrate the important aspects of the Certified Tile Installer (CTI) hands-on test with a cut-away version of the CTI module. Regional Evaluators of the CTI program will be on hand to explain the parameters of the test and answer questions.
· In the Hall of ACT (Advanced Certifications for Tile Installers), attendees will be able to talk with ACT Evaluators who will answer questions from installers and others interested in the promotion of Qualified Labor as described in the Tile Council of America (TCNA) Handbook.
· The Installation Experience concludes with "At Home, With Tile" an area with an expansive seating area and TV screen offering viewers a time-lapsed progress video, highlighting the various construction stages of the projects slated to take place.
The Installation Experience live, interactive installations will include a fully functioning kitchen; a bathroom with heated tile floor and a fully functioning stall shower, along with a transformed vintage fireplace. These state-of-the-
Most importantly, as part of the Installation Experience, all attendees will garner new insights on the attributes of Qualified Labor. Representatives will be onsite to define, discuss and demonstrate just what it takes to be a part of this elite group which includes the Certified Tile Installer program and the ultimate group of installers who have achieved the status of being ACT certified.
The CTI Challenge
The "CTI Challenge" is a live event designed by CTEF director Scott Carothers, which is slated to take place between rival teams who are both NTCA members and Certified Tile Installers. It takes place in the Construction Zone located in the Hall of Excellence.
The Challenge will begin Tuesday, May 8th and conclude on Wednesday, May 9th. Upon completion, the winners will be chosen to allow attendees to view this excellent workmanship.
Education Session about the Certified Tile Installer hands-on test.
On Thursday, May 10, 2018, from 3 pm to 4 pm, Scott Carothers and Kevin Insalato, CTEF CTI Coordinator, will conduct an educational session titled "How to Prepare Yourself or Your Installer for the CTEF Certified Tile Installer Exam."
The Certified Tile Installer (CTI) Program
The CTI designation identifies the professional installer who has reached a level of proficiency to independently and consistently produce a sound tile installation that displays good workmanship. Certification is the validation of the skills and knowledge of the men and women who presently are installing tile successfully in the United States.
The Advanced Certifications for Tile Installers (ACT) Program
The Advanced Certifications for Tile Installers (ACT) include offers certifications in seven specific areas of tile installation. An installer may choose to become ACT certified in one or more of these areas:
· Large Format Tile & Substrate Preparation
· Membranes (both sheet and liquid)
· Mortar (Mud) Floors
· Mortar (Mud) Walls
· Shower Receptors
· Gauged Porcelain Tile and Gauged Porcelain Tile Panels/Slabs
ACT certification in each area is granted upon successful completion of a written online test - designed to measure the installer's understanding of applicable ANSI specifications and TCNA Handbook details - and a field provided hands-on test conducted by trained, third-party evaluators who assess the installer's skills under real-life conditions.
CTEF: Supported by the Ceramic Tile Industry
The Ceramic Tile Education Foundation (CTEF) which sponsors the CTI and ACT programs is supported by all segments of the ceramic tile industry. CTEF is headquartered in Pendleton, South Carolina, near Clemson University and in close proximity to the offices of the Tile Council of North America (TCNA).
For information about Coverings and the Installation Experience, visit http://www.coverings.com/
# # #
About the Ceramic Tile Education Foundation
The Ceramic Tile Education Foundation (CTEF) provides education and installer certification for professionals working in the ceramic tile and stone industry. Certification programs include the CTEF Certified Tile Installer (CTI) program which is the only third-party assessment of installer skill and knowledge to be recognized by the tile industry and the Advanced Certifications for Tile Installers (ACT). For more information, visit https://www.ceramictilefoundation.org.
Simple Marketing Now