News By Tag
News By Location
Wizard World Announces 17-Event 2018 Comic Con Schedule
Fourth Quarter 2017 Shows In Biloxi, Montgomery, Springfield, Peoria, Winston-Salem Postponed To 2018; Chicago, Philadelphia Lead 11 Returning Events; Boise, Others To Be Added
The 2018 schedule, which will likely add some additional cities to be announced, is comprised as follows (*denotes new for 2018):
• January 5-7, New Orleans, Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
• February 2-4, St. Louis, America's Center
• March 2-4, Cleveland, Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland
• April 13-15, Portland, Ore., Oregon Convention Center
• May 17-20, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Convention Center
• June 1-3, Des Moines, Iowa, Iowa Events Center
• June 8-10, Columbus, Ohio, Greater Columbus Convention Center
• *July 13-15, Boise, Idaho, Boise Centre
• August 23-26, Chicago, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
• September 21-23, Madison, Wis., Alliant Energy Center
• October 26-28, Oklahoma City, Cox Convention Center
• Fall 2018 TBD, Austin, Texas, Austin Convention Center
• *October/November TBD, Biloxi, Miss., Mississippi Coliseum & Convention Center
• *October/November TBD, Montgomery, Ala., Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center
• *October/November TBD, Peoria, Ill., Peoria Civic Center
• *October/November TBD, Springfield, Mo., University Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
• *October/November TBD, Winston-Salem, N.C., Benton Convention Center
The rosters of celebrities and artists at each city are still being formed; to date, a few have already committed to several events, including New Orleans: Stan Lee (Marvel CEO Emeritus), Jason Momoa (Aquaman, Justice League); St. Louis: Bonnie Wright (Harry Potter franchise), Michael Rosenbaum ("Smallville,"
"The confirmed portion of Wizard World's 2018 schedule combines many of the cities which have proven most attractive to fans with some new markets that we believe will embrace us similarly," said John D. Maatta, Wizard World President and C.E.O. "In moving five of our more recently announced shows to 2018, we are better equipped to put on the kind of successful pop culture celebration that our fans have come to expect."
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Comic Con is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening at each show.
About Wizard World (OTCBB:WIZD)
Wizard World, Inc. (www.wizardworld.com) produces comic, gaming and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, tech, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. A first-class lineup of topical programming and entertainment takes place at each event, with celebrity Q&A's, comics-themed sessions, costume contests, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Wizard World has also launched the digital Wizard magazine and introduced WizPop, a daily news service reporting on the biggest pop culture stories of the day, and featuring a weekly recap covering the news of the week. Fans can interact with Wizard World at www.wizardworld.com and on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media services. Additional initiatives may include an augmented touring schedule of Wizard World shows, fixed-site installations, curated e-commerce, and the production and distribution of content both in the U.S. and internationally.