News By Tag
News By Location
The Economist Ranks NC State MBA Among the Best Worldwide
The Economist ranked the NC State Jenkins full-time MBA program No. 89 on its list of the top 100 global MBA programs — and among the top-50 MBA programs in the United States. NC State placed No. 24 among U.S.-based public institutions. This is the first year NC State's program was eligible for the ranking.
"The NC State Jenkins MBA program is no longer one of the business school world's best kept secrets," said Annette L. Ranft, dean and Stephen P. Zelnak Jr. Chair at NC State's Poole College of Management.
"In the past year alone, Bloomberg Businessweek ranked our full-time MBA No. 29, US News & World Report ranked our online MBA No. 15, our part-time MBA No. 34 and our full-time MBA No. 54. And just last month, The Princeton Review ranked NC State's online MBA No. 9 nationwide."
Notably, NC State received particularly high marks in the following areas:
• Top-50 among US business schools
• No. 10 on the dimension of percent of job seekers with job three months after graduation
• No. 12 in terms of faculty quality
• No. 14 in the category of pre-post-MBA salary increase
The Economist collected data during spring 2016, using two surveys. The first was completed by schools with eligible programs and covered quantitative matters such as the salary of graduates, the average GMAT scores of students and the number of registered alumni. This accounted for around 80 percent of the ranking. The remaining 20 percent was derived from a qualitative survey filled out by current MBA students and the schools' most recent graduating MBA classes. The Economist asked respondents to rate things such as the quality of the faculty, facilities and career services department. Read more about the methodology <http://www.economist.com/
"This recognition of our Jenkins MBA program as one of the top full-time MBA programs worldwide – and particularly in terms of career outcomes – reflects NC State University's commitment to graduating "Think and Do" leaders whose experiences in- and outside of the classroom prepare them for meaningful success in their careers," Ranft said.
"Innovation is a hallmark of the NC State MBA and what drives our success," said Steve Allen, associate dean for Graduate Programs and Research at the Poole College of Management.
Over the past two years, Allen has overseen significant growth and impact of the Career Management Center team, the creation of a market-driven Customized MBA option, and a major MBA curriculum redesign emphasizing experiential learning, leadership development and further customization.
"I think it's safe to say we don't sit still at NC State. We understand that business is ever-changing, and that we have to be, as well," Allen said.
Additional information including MBA program profiles and full methodology details can be found on The Economist website <http://www.economist.com/
The NC State Jenkins MBA is available in three formats: full-time, professional evening and professional online, with a customized MBA option to fit the varied needs of the working professional. For more information about the NC State Jenkins MBA program, visit http://www.mba.ncsu.edu/
About NC State University Poole College of Management and Jenkins Graduate School of Management
The NC State University Poole College of Management focuses on management education for a technology driven global marketplace. The college offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in accounting, business administration and economics, as well as custom and open enrollment executive education programs delivered by the college's Executive Programs, LLP. Poole College's accounting and business programs are accredited by AACSB International.
The college's Jenkins Graduate School of Management includes the Master of Business Administration, Master of Accounting, and Global Luxury Management programs. The MBA program includes full time, part-time for working professionals, and online options. Masters and doctoral degree programs in economics are offered jointly with NC State's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
Corporate engagement opportunities are available through the college's centers and initiatives that support academic and outreach programs in the areas of business sustainability, enterprise risk management, innovation management, supply chain management, and technology entrepreneurship and commercialization.
Anna Rzewnicki, Director of Communications
NC State Poole College of Managment