Healthcare Data Analytics Internship Now Offered at Pro Pharma
Pro Pharma is proud to offer a new and unique internship for pharmacy students, entitled “Healthcare Data Analytics Internship."
Students will also be exposed to a multi-disciplinary approach to:
1. Define the scope and discuss the environment where data is generated
2. Population Health
3. Managed Care
4. Review Data Sources, Formats, Validity, Data Management, etc.
Carol Stern, CEO of Pro Pharma states that, “It is exciting in the world of pharmacy and student internships that students can participate in important aspects of a consulting practice which may include:
1. Site Visits to Clients and Conference Calls with Clients
2. Evaluation of Claims and Biometric Data When Available and Discussion of the Limitations in the Data as Identified in Control Counts
3. Formulation of analytical solutions to problems
4. Presentation of Findings of DUR, MTM, Medical and Pharmacy Outcomes and Other Analytical Evaluations
5. Participate in Didactic Sessions by Discussing Analytics in Drug Therapy Problems Identified in DUR/DUE
6. Provide Weekly Educational Lectures to Applicable HealthCare Providers and Member Groups
Upon completion of this rotation in Healthcare Data Analytics the student will be able to:
1. Work in Conjunction with Managed Care and Other Healthcare Professionals
2. Understand Their Data and Analytics Needs
3. Communicate Effectively
4. Understand How Managed Care and Population Health Professionals Approach Healthcare Analytics
5. Discuss Data Sources and the Utilization of Big Data in Analytics
6. Discuss the Analytical Tools Used to Develop Analytical Solutions and Business Intelligence Reports
7. Perform Specific Patient Drug Review, Monitoring, and Communication with Physicians for Selected High-Risk Subsets of Patients.
Craig Stern, President of Pro Pharma Pharmaceutical Consultants, Inc, states, “For 30 years we have provided pharmacy students from University of Southern California (USC), University of San Francisco (UCSF), University of the Pacific (UOP), Western University, and Midwestern University with the opportunity to experience a different aspect of the business of pharmacy with our internship in Managed Care. Now, we proudly welcome pharmacy students from Touro College of Pharmacy in New York.” Pro Pharma has presented this internship to these and other institutes of learning and hope to stir student interest in this growing aspect of pharmacy.
Pro Pharma Pharmaceutical Consultants, Inc. (Pro Pharma) consults to self-insured, trusts, public entities, and Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) including Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs), Health Plans and Physician Groups (e.g., PPO, IPA), providing students a unique perspective on all sides of the healthcare industry.
We look forward to educating pharmacy interns and students from other disciplines in this new and unique internship utilizing big data analytical approaches in healthcare.
About PRO PHARMA
PRO PHARMA is a multi-service, woman owned, privately held consulting firm offering a vast portfolio of services to public and private entities including self-insured employers, Taft Hartley Trusts and unions, public employers, for-profit hospitals and integrated health networks, health care insurance companies, worker's compensation insurers, small-to-medium sized HMO's, and physician groups.
As a primary service to plan sponsors for achieving below trend results, PRO PHARMA provides an integrated program of administrative process improvements, clinical quality oversight, and provider/member education.
PRO PHARMA’s Consulting services are grounded in the use of data and the communication of that information to define benefit trends, drivers and other analytical indicators. PRO PHARMA markets Biotech Modeling™, Invoice Screening™, Quality Management Program™, and Treatment Calendar™. The Company directly markets its products in the U.S. and collaborates with partners to reach international markets.
For more information about PRO PHARMA, please visit http://www.propharmaconsultants.com.
Pro Pharma Pharmaceutical Consultants, Inc.