ISN Works introduces Dr. 'Nat' Williams
By: ISN Works
Dr. Nathaniel J. Williams’ life journey essentially began just days after he and his eleven siblings became orphaned. At five years old until the age of 18, ‘Nat’ was a ward of the State of New York’s foster care system. Eventually separated from his brothers and sisters, ‘Nat’ rarely saw his siblings during childhood. Yet he was the one on whom the other kids, living in a group home campus setting, depended. “I was very serious and business-like,”
The effects of his fractured childhood however, would resurface forcefully during his twenties. “Unbeknownst to me, for almost 35 years, I had been standing at the foot of my mother’s casket, angry and frustrated.”
Learning in the form of personal maturity and scholarship ensued like a floodgate. Dr. Williams has four graduate degrees, including a Master of Business Administration (MBA), a Master of Public Administration (MPA), a Master of Human Services (MHS), and a doctorate in education (Ed.D). His career-span has included a multitude of successive roles as a direct-care worker, house parent, social services entrepreneur, business entrepreneur, Chief Executive Officer, adjunct professor, scholar-in-residence, and TV talk show host, all of which he enlivens with his passion to help others realize their full potential.
An experienced multi-national motivational speaker and lecturer, Dr. Williams’ appealing and engaging style fits well with diverse audiences. His speaking engagements have placed him in front of the U.S. Armed Forces in Kosovo, England, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal and Spain, and before members of the local chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals, where “Work/Home Balance” was the topic for discussion. He addressed McNair Scholars as the keynote speaker at the Ronald E. McNair Post Baccalaureate Achievement Program at Elizabeth City State University, and was equally at home among elementary students discussing with the children of the Tobyhanna Elementary Center “What do you want to be known for?”
Dr. Williams is the author of nine books which masterfully and distinctively conceptualizes the idea that the events that challenge us do not decide our destiny. According to Dr. Williams, “Our destiny is decided by how we embrace and utilize the challenges in our lives.” [For a complete list of titles by Dr. Williams, please visit his website at www.nj-williams.com.]
Praise for Dr. Williams as Keynote Speaker:
“Be assured I’ll be using ‘Navigator’
“Please have him back. I admire his background/career.”
“Different approach than usual – I loved it.”
Ten Reasons to book Dr. Nathaniel J. Williams as your next Keynote/Conference Speaker:
10. Dr. Williams has a well-rounded Speaker’s Profile as indicated above.
9. Dr. Williams has a truly inspirational life story from orphan to CEO.
8. Dr. Williams has experience speaking before multi-national and multi-cultural audiences, including the US military, women and children, young adults, community, civic, and religious leaders, incarcerated individuals, and persons with disabilities.
7. Dr. Williams has an extensive list of transformational topics to choose from, making it easy for event planners to appeal to distinct audiences and event goals.
6. Dr. Williams is the author of nine books, including The Navigator of Life…Keeping Your Ship of life in balance and on course, The Affordability Factor…The 4 C’s of Change, Embracing Your Real Life…The prosperous 10, The 5 Methods of ReM.A.D.E. Living, Management and Leadership by the 3Ps, The Absolutes of Success Series, and Attaining Your Personal Best, all of which are excellent resources for seminars, workshops, or plenary sessions.
5. Dr. Williams is a volunteer board member of the Pennsylvania Association of Rehabilitation Facilities, the Sacred Heart Villa, Inc., and Vision for Equality. He is also a member of the Pennsylvania Office of Developmental Program Planning Advisory Committee and the Pennsylvania Development Disabilities Council.
4. Dr. Williams is Founder, President and CEO of HumanWorks Affiliates, Inc., a network of human services organizations which provide direct care to children and youth in foster care, to individuals with MH/MR and disabilities, and to families in transition. His organization employs several hundred full-time individuals.
3. Dr. Williams is willing to travel to your event location.
2. Dr. Williams is offering a 20% discount on engagements booked in February, in honor of Black History Month.
1. Dr. Williams is happily married to his wife Tade. Together they have eight children. One child has Autism.