News By Tag
News By Place
Using a Local Real Estate Agent Pays Off!
By: Lillian Montalto Signature Properties
If you're looking to move to a new community, there is only so much research you can do online. So partnering with a local real estate agent who knows the area is a huge advantage. Local agents know neighborhoods, schools, community events and clubs, and even where to get the best cup of coffee in town.
But a local real estate agent has much more to offer than just community knowledge. A local agent can offer local market knowledge, which you can leverage to get the best deal on your new home. Here are just a few "secret agent" services that your agent can provide:
• Which properties are selling, and why are they the hot spots in town – and why you should buy in a certain neighborhood which may fit your needs better than another.
• Which properties are languishing, and why? How can you grab the best deal? Local agents might have extremely intimate knowledge of properties on the market, including reasons families might be compelled to move, and how you can pursue the most lucrative deal.
• What has changed lately in a community? What's the current complexion and future trajectory of the neighborhood in which you're interested? Often, online information can be biased or out of date.
• How about local resources and making connections?
• What's really going on with the local school district? Which are the best-performing schools in town? The most nurturing? Which have the most financial resources?
• And then there's the trust factor. A local agent isn't going to point you in the wrong direction. He or she has a local reputation to uphold! So you can be assured of the best possible service when you partner with someone local.
Often, locally-based agents actually live in the community where you're hoping to buy, and you certainly can't beat that recommendation, nor can you fail to capitalize on your agent's intimate knowledge of the community that you are hoping to call home. Partnering with a local agent simply makes sense!
Would you like to know more? Visit www.andoverhomes.com for more information.