News By Tag
* President Obama
* Us Presidents
* Millennial Generation
* Barack Hussein Obama
* More Tags...
News By Place
A Riveting Walk Through Crises Besetting America. Our Way of Life is being Challenged and Changed
Seven Years Ago, a Stern Message Sprang Forth, “Change is Coming.” Yet, the World Only Yawned. Now, as Unparalleled Crises Invade the Land, Citizenry are Awakening to find a New Day has Dawned. A Remarkable Read!
We are about to experience a change in our way of life that will be earth shaking. Yet, this should not be surprising or unexpected.
We have long boasted how we do not need God in our society, in our schools, in our homes or in our lives. Sadly, the same thing we have so brazenly demanded – change – will turn out to be a snare unto our souls.
What we have failed to comprehend and embrace as it relates to “times” and “seasons,”
The book takes an indepth look at the nation’s $18 trillion national debt, the startling 23 percent illiteracy rate among adults, a staggering 14.3 percent unemployment, an increase of 65 percent in housing foreclosures since 2007, the death of more than 45,000 military personnel in combat since 1977 and the far reaching effects of the USA PATRIOT Act and PATRIOT Act II.
The book also brings out many of the reasons more than 300,000 farmers have gone bankrupt since enactment of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the World Trade Organization (WTO) and why the 2000 Veterans Administration (VA) study reported 55 percent of the women in the military experienced sexual harassment.
A Deteriorating Society:
· Under pressure to meet combat needs, the Army and Marine Corps brought in significantly more recruits with felony convictions last year than in 2006, including some with manslaughter and sex crime convictions. Data released by a congressional committee shows the number of soldiers admitted to the Army with felony records jumped from 249 in 2006 to 511 in 2007. And the number of Marines with felonies rose from 208 to 350.
· The ten largest airlines are on the verge of Bankruptcy (source: Chicago Times), and the number of Americans filing for bankruptcy in 2007 increased 40 percent over 2006. (source: Money.cnn)
· In 2005, there were approximately 113,146,000 households in the United States. 19.01%
· The United States has some of the highest absolute and relative pre-transfer, and the highest post-transfer, poverty rates in the developed world. Overall, the U.S. ranks 16th on the Human Poverty Index. (source: Wikipedia)
· The finances of many states have deteriorated so badly that they appear to be in a recession. The situation is grim in Delaware, with a $69 million gap this year and bleak in California, with a projected $16 billion budget shortfall over the next two years, the report said. Florida does not expect a rapid turnaround in revenue because of the prolonged real estate slump there.
Langston writes, “Our nation stands on the periphery of change. We’ve been given an unparalleled opportunity to embrace the ways of the Lord, individually and collectively!
Click Here for a short Review of “And the People Cried, ‘Give Us A King!’” https://www.createspace.com/
The book is available worldwide, including Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Lulu Incorporated and NOOK, in both paperback and hardcover.
James Langston is available for interviews, media appearances, book signings, and speaking engagements.
About the Author
James Langston is a retired naval officer, founder and senior pastor of the Pilgrim Outreach Ministries. He oversees day-to-day operations and ministry Internet feeds in the United States, Canada, and a myriad of international countries.
He teaches in ministerial workshops, and gives primary leadership to the evangelism, administration, outreach and audio and visual departments of the ministry.
Langston lives overseas with his wife and son. Langston and his wife are the proud parents of six children and thirteen grandchildren.
James Langston, Senior Pastor,
Pilgrim Outreach Ministries Naples, Italy