News By Tag
News By Place
Guitar Lessons, "Learning The Right Way" at DeAngelis Studio
DeAngelis Studio of music prides itself in having great teachers who teach "the right way" so you can have fun, learn important skills, and have the knowledge to be better than the rest!
By: DeAngelis Studio of Music Haverhill
From my interview with Mike DeAngelis, the following are some of the things I have learned about guitar and bass guitar lessons:
- The age that kids can start learning guitar is typically 8, but there are exceptions. DeAngelis Studio has had some kids as young as 6 with advanced potential. The keys are "finger strength", "attention span" and a willingness to "practice".
- A very common misconception - is that you have to start on an acoustic guitar; it is actually easier to learn on electric first. Necks are smaller on electric and you don’t have to press down the strings as hard.
- Another common misconception:
- Be an individual, don't become a clone of your teacher. A good teacher will help you develop your own style and musical interests.
-Make sure your teacher gives you good "core knowledge". You need to learn your basic chords, key signatures, notes on the fret board, and scales.
- DeAngelis Studio's Rock School Band program requires that students have a good "core knowledge" to be accepted into the Rock School program. Mike DeAngelis runs his Rock School very professionally. The program is conducted on a large stage with great equipment and you learn many of the same skills as professional adult bands.
Bass players are extremely sought after. If you want to be in a band you should think about playing the bass guitar. Bass players are the "foundation"
“We love seeing the changes in our students as they start to master their instruments”
DeAngelis Studio of Music is the place you want to be for lessons, not only in guitar and bass but drums, piano/keys, vocals and more.
DeAngelis Studio has students from all over Massachusetts and New Hampshire including: Haverhill, Bradford, Groveland, Merrimack, Newbury, Newburyport, Andover, Amesbury, Georgetown, Boxford, Danvers, Peabody, Woburn, Burlington, Salem, Derry, Seabrook, Salisbury, Tewksbury, Atkinson
- where are you from? Join DeAngelis Studio today!