News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Commvault Optimizes Journey to the Cloud to Turn Public and HybridCloud Data into a Powerful Strateg
Commvault Optimizes Journey to the Cloud to Turn Public and HybridCloud Data into a Powerful Strategic Asset
As companies continue to move data to public and hybrid clouds, they are looking for opportunities to reduce costs, improve utilization, and simplify traditionally complex and siloed management to unlock the true potentialof cloud projects. Commvault’s latest cloud solutions are all centered on increasing the value of an enterprise’s cloud investment by delivering cloud automation and orchestration tools deeply integrated with industry leading cloud platforms for disaster recovery, migrations, backup and archive.
“Enterprises are moving to operationalize cloud usage for applications and accelerate the time to value,” said Sabrinath Rao, head of the Cloud Business Unit at Commvault. “Our solutions make it much easier for customers to derive value from their cloud investments, by deeply integrating the on-premise and in-cloud infrastructure, starting with the data and then extending out to controlling access and optimizing utilization. These new cloud solutions combined with our leadership in data protection and information management makes Commvault the trusted advisor for customers moving to the cloud.”
Commvault Cloud Disaster RecoveryMakes Large Scale Recovery a Reality in the Cloud
Customers are looking to reduce time to recovery as they leverage backup to the cloud as a great deployment model for off-site protection. With the rapidly declining cost of cloud computing, Commvault Cloud Disaster Recovery is a low risk, high value first step in cloud adoption. Commvault’s Cloud Disaster Recoverysolution enables:
· Recovery in the cloud, regardless of on-premise deployment model, hypervisor (VMware/ HyperV),or location (public/private/
· Consistent policy based management by extending VM provisioning and workflows from on premise into the public/hybrid cloud.
· Full disaster recovery as an operational reality across all workload types, by enabling full restores to VMs inInfrastructure-
Commvault Strengthens Data Usage in the Cloud with Development and Test, Gateway and Replication Enhancements
In support of enterprise requirements to have easy and repeatable processes to operationalize the cloud, Commvault also announcedenhancements to its Solution Set offerings with Cloud Development and Test, Cloud Gateway and Cloud Replication modules.
· Cloud Development and Test–The Commvault solution ties VM Provisioning & Workflows and applies them to managing utilization of Development and Test environments in the cloud. In addition to reducingadministrative overhead, it provides infrastructure managers with protectionagainst runaway costs.
· Cloud Gateway–Building on the success of its appliance offering, this software-based gatewayis an extension of Commvault’s overall cloud appliance strategy. The Cloud Gateway improves overall backup agility, flexibility and performance, extending the protection tier from on-premise to the cloud.
· Cloud Replication –This completes Commvault’s cloud capabilities in giving customers choice, flexibility and speedas they choose how to get data to the cloud.
“The cloud is quickly growingin the enterprise from a pure backup play to becoming a real production-level environment,”
A singular vision — a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs — guides Commvault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. Commvault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. Commvault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only Commvault can offer. Information about Commvault is available at http://www.commvault.com. Commvault's corporate headquarters is located in Tinton Falls, New Jersey in the United States.
Simpana Solution Set Fact Sheet (http://webdocs.commvault.com/
The Next Act: Commvault and the Cloud (http://www.commvault.com/
The Unexpected Costs of Moving to the Cloud (http://www.commvault.com/
Read CommVault blogs (http://www.commvault.com/
Get the latest CommVault news (http://www.commvault.com/
Follow CommVault on Twitter (http://twitter.com/
Follow Commvault on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/
Watch Commvault videos on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/
Subscribe to Commvault RSS feeds (http://www.commvault.com/