Epicure Digital Introduces its 'MyPlate Today' style Dry Erase Menu Boards at WSNA
With the Epicure newly introduced 'MyPlate Today' style boards, Smart Magnet Strips, Magnet Blocks and reusable Clings schools can avoid handwriting and spelling errors, using the strips and blocks over and over again, saving precious time and money
By: Epicure Digital Menu Board Systems
As of July 1, 2014, the first day of the full implementation of the Smart Snack legislation, school food services have finished the final step in ensuring that any food served in schools is healthy.
Now, schools are focusing on marketing the revised way food is served in schools and on meeting USDA signage regulations.
“With Epicure Digital MyPlate menu boards, schools can now fully meet the USDA requirements to identify food items for lunch and breakfast in any school service line - indoor or outdoor,” explained Harvey Friedman, President of Epicure Digital. “USDA 7 CFR 220.8.a.2 is very clear. It states that schools must identify, near or at the beginning of the serving line(s), the food items that constitute the unit-priced reimbursable school meal(s).”
To meet this regulation, Epicure Digital is introducing a comprehensive product line to meet USDA and state agencies’ expectations to have compliant menu boards in place when school begins this fall and for their yearly reviews.
The Epicure MyPlate Menu Board product line includes:
* The newly introduced 'MyPlate Today' Dry Erase Menu Boards that can help school food services to update their menu selections in an easily and efficient way and without the need to rewrite their menus daily.
* My Plate Dry Erase Menu Boards. As an option, you can apply to each Epicure My Plate Dry Erase Menu Board, transparent reusable labels for each MyPlate food group (Protein, Grains, Fruits, Vegetables, and Dairy). Labels come on 8.5 x 11" sheets for quick and easy printing on school's standard in-house printers.
* MyPlate Dry Erase Boards with Magnetic Strips or with Magnet Blocks (a simple system to save time and avoid handwriting and spelling errors): http://www.myplatemenuboards.com/
* MyPlate Dry Erase Boards with Colored Frames: http://www.myplatemenuboards.com/
* MyPlate Dry Erase Boards on Wheels: http://www.myplatemenuboards.com/
* MyPlate Front of Line Dry Erase Boards with suction cups and free-standing models: http://www.myplatemenuboards.com/
* Smart Snacks A-La-Carte Dry Erase Menu Boards with the newly introduces 'MyPlate Smart Snacks' A-La-Carte Dry Erase Menu Boards
* Digital Menu Boards with NutriLive Nutritional Menu Labeling and creative ways to add Smart Snacks A-La-Carte Information:
The Epicure Digital Smart Magnetic Dry Erase Menu Board System comes with colored magnetic strips or magnet blocks and transparent label sheets ready for printing on local school printers with standard or handwritten looking fonts. Labels come on 8.5 x 11" sheets for quick and easy printing on school's standard in-house printers.
With the Epicure Digital Smart Magnet Strips, Magnet Blocks, reusable Clings and the newly introduced 'MyPlate Today' style, schools can avoid handwriting and spelling errors, use the strips over and over again, saving the precious time it takes to write out their daily menus, and continue to write on their dry erase boards also.
“The Epicure Digital Menu System is very affordable,”
A new report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) shows 57% of U.S. adults over 18 use menu labeling information like calorie counts to make their orders.
All Epicure menu board solutions that are mentioned above and presented at ANC-14 allow the addition of nutritional information and price information on K12 menu boards.
Epicure Digital clients include K-12 schools, colleges and universities, hospitals, independent and chain restaurants, contract food service companies, business & industry, and cinemas and casinos among others.
A copy of Epicure's product and price sheet as well as an order form can be found at: http://www.myplatemenuboards.com/
For more information, contact:
310-652-8246 x 3
Page Updated Last on: Jul 25, 2014