News By Tag
News By Place
3D ProAnimator 8 - The Fastest Ray Trace Rendering System In Motion Graphics
New rendering system boosts performance and quality for 3D motion graphics.
"3D ProAnimator 8 is a game changer in the creation of 3D motion graphics," said Zax Dow, Founder of Zaxwerks. "ProAnimator has always been the fastest and easiest way to create 3D motion graphics, but users have complained that it didn't render fast enough. With version 8 ProAnimator can render most graphics in real time and if you need really high image quality it can render ray traced imagery in near-real time."
To back up this claim Zaxwerks produced a 3D scene of over one million polygons which Maya renders in 259 seconds, Cinema 4D renders in 50 seconds and 3D ProAnimator 8 renders in 3 seconds. "This test scene renders in real-time using Open GL. Open GL gives you textures, shadows, lens flares, camera focus and real-time ambient occlusion, but you don't get inter-object reflections. Ray tracing slows it down to three seconds per frame but it also adds inter-object reflections, giving the scene that extra something special," says Dow.
To accomplish real-time performance Zaxwerks has created the Reactor Rendering System, a GPU/CPU hybrid that uses the latest science to push the limits of desktop and laptop computers. The Reactor Rendering System uses every ounce of computing power available to it so as the user gets better hardware the rendering speed increases too. Due to the modest base system requirements, this also means users can create on their main workstation and then render on less powerful machines.
Real-time rendering speed is not the only major new feature in this release. Zaxwerks has also advanced the realism of 3D ProAnimator's images with new features that include:
* Real-time camera focus with depth of field.
* Instancing; which creates hundreds or thousands of duplicate words, logos or complete 3D objects.
* Distribution functions; which arranges objects into grids, patterns, or into the shape of any 3D object.
* Image-based lighting; where a picture is used to light a scene.
* Real-time ambient occlusion; which darkens areas that don't receive much light.
* Object randomization;
* Normal Mapping; which gives the textures applied to the surfaces of objects a realistic look and feel.
* 200 free surface materials using the new normal mapping technology.
Details about each of these new features and videos showing examples of their use can be found on the Zaxwerks website.
3D ProAnimator 8 is shipping now. It is available from the Zaxwerks website, or by calling Zaxwerks at 1-800-549-0250. For more information visit zaxwerks.com/
Page Updated Last on: Jul 23, 2014