OpenXava 5.0.1: Rapid Java Web Development
OpenXava 5.0.1, the Framework for Rapid Development of Java Web applications, has been released.
The OpenXava approach for rapid development differs from those that use visual environments (like Visual Basic or Delphi) or scripting (like PHP). Instead, OpenXava uses a model-driven development approach, where the core of your application are Java classes that model your problem. This means you can stay productive while still maintaining a high level of encapsulation.
OpenXava 5.0.1 is a maintenance version with the next fixes:
- Focus navigation improved for list filter fields.
- Date format in editors with date and time improved for Catalonian and French.
- Some new common use labels to be used in applications.
- Fix: Module as key in i18n labels file breaks the name and module description resolution for all modules.
- Fix: Message of ValidationException from setter not shown to the user on create.
- Fix: Labels placed incorrectly in properties not in the first column.
- Fix: Incorrect properties alignment in some cases.
- Fix: Icons in properties with label format SMALL are shown on left instead on top.
- Fix: Too much space between UI elements.
- Fix: Unique constraint custom message is not displayed with embedded classes.
- Fix: When focus lost with tab key from a date field in the list filter part of the date field is hidden.
- Fix: Two collections in the same row are wrapped with a very ugly frame.
- Fix: In DateTimeSeparatedCalendar editor when the time is not specified the value is null, even if the date exists.
- Fix: Entering 2 digits for year in editors with date and time creates a date of first century.
- Fix: XML component applications without persistence.xml does not start with OpenXava 5.
- Fix: @AssertTrue fails with @Id and @GeneratedValue(
- Fix: GROOVY_DSL_SUPPORT problem compiling with Eclipse in some machines.
- Fix: Dates in descriptions list not well formatted, really it used just toString() for all data types.
- Fix: Property label definition in XML components takes preference over i18n files.
- Fix: View.getCollectionSelectedValues()
- Fix: Totals are not recalculated with element collections sometimes.
You can download it for free here: