News By Tag
News By Place
Leading African events organiser Spintelligent poised for remarkable year of growth
Cape Town-based Spintelligent Pty, has become recognised as a highly successful African organiser & publisher over the years, with projects such as African Utility Week and the iPAD franchise.
During 2013, the company had a remarkable year on all fronts with new records in terms of sponsorship and delegates sales and participation numbers for its events.
African Utility Week & Clean Power Africa:
With more than 5,000 registered visitors, representing 67 countries, 200 speakers and over 200 exhibiting companies, African Utility Week & Clean Power Africa is still the leading utility conference and exhibition in Africa. Attendance grew by 38% in 2013 and the event won the coveted EXSA award for the Best Trade & Consumer Exhibition in its respective category.
This year the event promises even more content for and by the industry, including the Utility CEO Forum which will bring together 20 utility CEOs from across Africa to discuss the future of the energy market. African Utility Week will also launch its industry awards to honour the continent’s leading power professionals, utilities and energy projects.
• “2013 was the best year since we joined the exhibition and conference 6 years
ago. With the merging of Clean Power Africa and African Utility Week, it allowed us an enlarged audience and market segments. We will be back next year.” Dean Pratt, Regional Manager Africa, Marelli Motori - platinum sponsors
• "We could not have been happier with the media and PR exposure we received at the event and through our sponsorship of the CEO Forum." Paul Hinks, CEO, Symbion Power - platinum sponsors
Ambitious growth plans
When new Spintelligent Managing Director David Ashdown took over in October last year, he announced that he had “ambitious growth plans for the region”. Putting his words into action, the company is expanding into agriculture, taking its defence portfolio continental and has landed an impressive joint venture to launch a mining expo that is expected to put the Zambian Copperbelt on the map.
AgriTech: “Agriculture is a future key GDP driver for the majority of African countries. It is typically the number one employment sector in the region and is witnessing significant international investment, therefore making it a prime emerging trade exhibition sector. We are tackling the challenge of delivering an agriculture exhibition from a very creative perspective.”
CBM-TEC: The new launch Copperbelt Mining Trade Expo and Conference or CBM-TEC, held in Kitwe in April, is set to put the Zambian Copperbelt on the map and the industry seems to agree: the expo is sold out already! Some 1500 mining experts are expected at an industry event that has been described as long overdue for the region.
Says David Ashdown: “Zambia is Africa’s mining hot spot. Compared to other countries, mining makes an unusually large contribution to total export earnings, to total national investment and to total foreign direct investment. These contributions have increased in recent years. CBM-TEC tackles the future of Zambian mining at the heart of mining operations.”
In partnership with the Electra Mining Africa exhibition in Johannesburg, South Africa, CBM-TEC is organised jointly by Specialised Exhibitions Montgomery and Spintelligent.
iPAD DRC and Katanga Mining Briefing: During 2013, Spintelligent’
• “IPAD DRC is like the ‘must go to’ institution for the promotion of the mining sector in the DRC.” Felix Mupande, Director General, Cadastre Minier, DRC
• “This exhibition is important for our visibility on the market as well as acquiring new clients.” Lindsey Domingo, Country Managing Partner, Ernst & Young, DRC – gold sponsors
• “Very well organized, world class events! The future of our business is with the copper mining houses and so the Katanga Mining Briefing helped us to promote our products, through the exhibition, to different mining houses.”” Esther Musozya, Marketing Manager, Ndola Lime Co LTD, Zambia – silver sponsors
Preferred expansion partner
Communications manager: Annemarie Roodbol
Telephone: +27 21 700 3558
mobile: +27 82 562 7844