News By Tag
News By Location
Number of in-car TV's more than double in 12 months
Their study revealed:
• the amount of motorists who have in-car digital radio has increased year on year by 4.5% up to 54%;
• previously, in-car digital radio was most favoured by those in the over 60s age band. Now, nearly three quarters of motorists (74%) who have in-car digital radio are in the age 40-49 band, followed by those aged 18-29 (63%);
• 32% have an in-car hands-free telephone (down 5.5%);
• previously, 47% of male drivers said they had an in-car hands-free telephone - more than twice the amount of women (19%) . Now, 32% of both male and lady drivers have them;
• there is no change in the amount of drivers who have in-car Sat Nav – this remains at 28% - but almost three times more men than women now have it (35% men vs. 10% women);
• furry dice are still fashionable with 23% of respondents admitting to having them, equally split among the sexes;
• the top three most popular age groups to have furry dice are those aged 60+ (60%), those aged 30-39 (35%) and, motorists aged 18-29 (25%);
• the amount of drivers who have in-car TV has more than doubled (up 4% to 9%) - 10% of which are men, compared to female drivers who make up 6%.
*Independent research carried out in January 2013 and 2014 on behalf of Carfinance247.