News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Ten Reasons Why Nannies Quit- Nanny Jobs in Miami, Miami Nannies
Elite Nannies On Call has been Rated top Miami Nanny Agency by CBS-4Miami- Miami nannies, nannies in Miami available for Live In, Live Out, Part Time, Short term, and On Call. We also have a special needs Autism division.
1. SCHEDULES THAT GROW, GROW, GROW: Warning! Abusing the nanny’s schedule with unplanned overtime can cost you to lose your nanny! Just as an employer will fire a chronically late employee, a nanny will quit on a chronically late parent.Also, remember, always compensate for overtime. You don’t want a disgruntled employee filing a wage and hour grievance against you.
2. DUTIES ADDED ONE BY ONE: Sometimes referred to as job creep, the family adds duties (housekeeping, cooking, shopping, watching your neighbor’s son after school) with out appropriate compensation.
3. POOR COMMUNICATION:
4. NON-COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION:
5. TAXES: Employers, take the time to discuss wage and tax issues SPECIFICALLY at the very beginning and memorialize this in your Work Agreement. Consider giving the nanny a breakdown of the tax deductions from her paycheck with her first payment, and any time there is a change to her compensation. Consult a nanny tax specialist for assistance when needed or work with a Nanny Agency who provides payroll services.
7. MICRO MANAGEMENT: When one or both parents spend a considerable amount of time at home while nanny is on duty problems often develop unless steps are taken up front to establish boundaries.
9. LACK OF RECOGNITION:
6. EXPENSES: Nannies who are asked to run family errands – whether groceries, dry cleaning, etc. – should be left adequate funds in advance. When nanny is required to provide transportation in her personal vehicle, adequate mileage reimbursement should occur.
8. FAMILY DYSFUNCTION:
10. ISOLATION: Occasionally a family outright forbids the nanny to leave the home with the child. Nannies look forward to taking a walk with the baby on a nice day, perhaps walking with another neighborhood nanny or at-home mom, chatting, enjoying the interaction. Toddlers look forward to spending an hour exploring the local playground.
For Families who have live-in nannies:
A live in nanny, especially one who has relocated for the job, must have the opportunity and means (transportation)