IASP Encourages Bloggers to Write about Suicide Prevention for World Suicide Prevention Day
IASP is encouraging bloggers to help increase suicide prevention awareness for World Suicide Prevention Day on September 10th by writing about the topic and has prepared resources for writers to use.
Once again, the IASP is encouraging bloggers and others to write about suicide, suicide prevention and World Suicide Prevention Day in order to help create worldwide suicide prevention awareness.
IASP has also prepared a selection of tools that bloggers can use in the preparation of blogs and articles. These include a:
1. World Suicide Prevention Day Brochure that describes this year’s theme and suggests how stigma can be combatted at local and national levels
2. Listing of World Suicide Prevention Day Suggested Activities
3. World Suicide Prevention Day banners in various Languages
4. World Suicide Facts and Figures
5. Listing of selected evidence-based research and resources relating to stigma, suicidal ideation and behavior and mental health issues
These resources can be found on the official World Suicide Prevention Day website at www.iasp.info.
It is anticipated that World Suicide Prevention Day will be observed this year in well over 50 countries.
Established in Vienna, in 1960, by the late Professor Erwin Ringel, IASP is the key Non-Government Organization in official relations with the World Health Organization in addressing suicide. IASP has brought global attention to the unacceptable loss of approximately 1 million people each year worldwide who die by suicide.
IASP is a unique multidisciplinary organization with its membership coming from 50 countries, primarily from the mental health professions, but with additional members from such disciplines as sociology, social work, anthropology, medicine, public health, education, corrections, probation, coroners/medical examiners, pathology and philosophy.
For further information, please contact:
Mrs. Vanda Scott OBE
Tel: +44 7824 9955 67
Ms. Wendy Orchard
Tel: +44 7411 149 495
Mr. Kenneth Hemmerick