Follow on Google News
News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
eBridge Recognized for Sustainable Business Practices
Earth Charter US bestows Sustainable Business Award to Tampa document management company for contributions to local economy, community
Winners were announced at an awards presentation on April 12 at the University of Tampa.
“Sustainable business practices are the very core of what we do,” said eBridge CEO Leslie Haywood. “As a document management solutions provider, we help businesses go paperless – and we are a paperless company ourselves. We don’t stop there, though, and make every effort to reduce our footprint and to make the Tampa Bay business community a little greener.”
University of Tampa MBA students, under the guidance of Earth Charter US founder and UT College of Business professor Jan Roberts, screened award nominees for their contributions in the areas of people, employee and community wellbeing; planet and environmental health; and profit and economic viability. Students then interviewed and evaluated key personnel at each finalist company and selected the winners, which were approved by the ECUS Board of Directors.
Among the efforts eBridge was recognized for:
· Contributions to sustainability by virtue of its product offering, a paperless document management system that helps companies eliminate waste, improve security, and offer anytime remote access and solid business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
· A family atmosphere with low turnover and a strong sense of camaraderie.
· Provision of a living wage, full dental and health benefits paid 100% by the company, and a 401(k) match.
· Such on-site amenities as a fitness center, showers, pool table and rec room with flat-screen television, fully stocked kitchen, and complimentary fitness consulting and training.
· Participation in such local charities as Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and The Children’s Home.
eBridge was among seven companies named in the “small” company category, consisting of those employing 50 or fewer workers.
eBridge also holds the GREEN!Tampa business designation, awarded by the Sustany Foundation, for its sustainably refurbished headquarters in the Westshore Business District of Tampa.
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse