News By Tag
News By Place
Worthy Spaces Celebrates Get Organized Month with "Worthy" Tips for a Successful New Year
Worthy Spaces of Boca Raton, along with NAPO South Florida, leads get organized events at IKEA and with Starlight Children’s Foundation; Unveils tips and steps to keep organized through the New Year
By: Worthy Spaces
“The New Year is a great time to get organized because it represents a new start,” said Michelle Worthington, professional organizer and owner of Worthy Spaces. “Further, retails stores understand the demand and are carrying more organizational supplies and offering great deals during this time of year.”
Worthington recommends the following “Worthy” steps to get organized in one’s home and business:
· W – Work assessment; identify the problem area or space
· O – Outline a plan of attack; set reasonable goals for the space, including budget, layout, function, resources to perform work, etc.
· R – Remove items that do not belong in the space; with a fresh space, sort out the remaining items into logical groups
· T – Tools; choose the right tools (cabinets, shelves, hooks, rods, and/or containers) and implement them
· H – Home; return your items back to their new or rightful home
· Y – Yes; say yes to your new Worthy Space and make sure you keep up maintenance!
Worthington along with her Worthy Spaces team and the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) South Florida will be sharing strategies and tips for organization at two unique events this January, including the following:
· IKEA Organizing Expo – IKEA Showroom (151 NW 136 Ave, Sunrise); January 16, 2013 from 1:00 to 3:00pm. NAPO South Florida members will share and demonstrate their favorite organizing products while sharing advice with shoppers throughout the IKEA store. Advice and tips during the Expo will be complimentary. Learn more by calling the IKEA store at 954-838-9292.
· Starlight Children’s Foundation GO Event – Starlight Children’s Foundation (1350 East Sunrise Blvd, Suite #105, Ft. Lauderdale); January 25, 2013 from 10:00am to 3:00pm. In honor of NAPO South Florida’s Get Organized (GO) Month Event, Worthington and her fellow professional organizers will be volunteering their time to assist Starlight Children’s Foundation, a 501 c (3) organization in Broward County focused on brightening the lives of children in hospitals throughout the state of Florida, get organized for the New Year. Activities will include organizing the Foundation’s management team’s offices, cleaning out files, organizing storage closets and space. Learn more at www.starlight.org/
“My goal is to always help my clients. Not every system will work for everyone. But it’s the professional organizer’s job to determine which one will work,” she added. “It’s also critical that no one try and shoot for perfection but rather go with what works specifically for you.”
For more tips as well as examples of Worthington’
About Worthy Spaces
Worthy Spaces is a South Florida-based professional organization business that handles residential and commercial projects. Founded in 2012 by Professional Organizer Michelle Worthington, the company offers a variety of services for individuals, families and businesses, including de-cluttering, unpacking and organization of the home (closets, kitchens, pantries, bathrooms, home office, bedrooms, playrooms and garages); office and desk organization, filing system organization, design and implementation, and paperless office conversion; as well as staging and purchasing. With the goal of helping her clients lead more organized, systemized and productive lives without stressing over the process, Worthington keeps Worthy Spaces customer-oriented and personal. Learn more at www.WorthySpaces.com.