Infrared Sauna Studio, Infrasweat, Opens in City Walk at Pineapple Grove in Delray Beach
Infrasweat offers numerous private infrared saunas for use; Grand Opening scheduled for December 21, 2012; First 25 guests to receive complimentary sauna session
The Infrasweat studio’s grand opening will take place during the Delray Beach Downtown Development Authority’s “Fabulous 3rd Fridays” from 4-7pm. The event will feature tours of the sauna studio, food and refreshments, as well as complimentary infrared sauna sessions to the first 25 guests.
Infrasweat is the first of its kind in South Florida and features multiple Sunlighten™ private infrared saunas. The Sunlighten™ mPulse™ brand sauna is the world’s first bio-feedback enabled or “smart” infrared sauna and helps users wirelessly track heart rate, changes in weight and body mass index, and calories burned. The sauna also features the first customizable full spectrum infrared heater, featuring a range of options, including near-infrared light (for pain relief and skin purification)
“For the past year, I have been traveling across the country to California in order to access and experience the benefits of infrared sauna therapy,” said Infrasweat owner Kelly Dorsey. “I am thrilled to finally be able to introduce this proven wellness concept to South Florida through the Infrasweat studio, and help the community understand the impact of infrared heat therapy first-hand.”
Infrared saunas have been featured on The Oprah Show with Dr. Oz, The Doctors, and Ellen. The benefits of the Infrared sauna have also been referenced in studies conducted by Kagoshima University in Japan and the results sited in Harvard Health Publications as well as by The Mayo Clinic.
Infrared heat therapy uses infrared light characteristics to heat the body directly rather than just the air. Infrared saunas increase the body’s core temperature thus resulting in a much deeper, more detoxifying sweat from the cellular level of the skin where many toxins are housed.
Infrared sauna health benefits include:
· Detoxification. Sweating is the body’s natural and safe way to heal itself and stay healthy. Infrared saunas heat the body at the cellular level and help detoxify the body by getting rid of highly toxic metals, including mercury and lead, arsenic, as well as sulfuric acid and other organic and inorganic compounds.
· Increase Metabolism & Burn Calories. Studies show that a 30 minute infrared sauna session can burn upwards of 600 calories. As the body works to cool itself, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate, all of which cause the body to burn more calories.
· Anti-aging & Skin Purification. The profuse sweating achieved after just a few minutes in the infrared sauna carries off deeply imbedded impurities and dead skin cells, leaving the skin glowing and clean. Further, increased blood circulation has been shown to relieve acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, lesions and cuts.
· Relaxation & Stress Relief. While traditional saunas operate at extremely high temperatures in order to heat the air, the infrared saunas heat the individual directly and therefore feel gentle, soothing and therapeutic. One session at Infrasweat will leave you feeling relaxed, rejuvenated and renewed.
· Pain Relief. Infrared heat penetrates tissue, joints and muscles. Studies show, it can help relieve anything from minor aches and pains to chronic conditions, such as fibromyalgia. Increased blood circulation also helps carry off metabolic waste products and delivers oxygen-rich blood to depleted muscles to aid in recovery.
· Heart Health. Infrared saunas cause a deep sweat which makes the heart pump faster, in turn increasing blood flow, lowering blood pressure and helping circulation. Scientific evidence, in fact, shows that using one of Infrasweat’s featured saunas two or more times a week lowers blood pressure.
To learn more and/or to book an appointment, please stop by the studio at City Walk in Pineapple Grove, 200 N.E. 2nd Ave, Suite 106, Delray Beach; visit the Infrasweat website at www.infrasweat.com; or call 561-276-5550. (Parking is available for customers in the Pineapple Grove parking garage. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, from 8am to 8pm; Saturday, from 9am to 5pm; and Sunday, 10am to 2pm.)
The Infrasweat studio is the first of its kind in South Florida. Owned and operated by Boca Raton resident Kelly Dorsey, the location features multiple private sauna suites. Infrasweat’s featured saunas (by Sunligthen™) are made with eco-friendly wood and are the only saunas with clinical data shown to reduce blood pressure, increase core temperature nearly three degrees and aid in weight loss. All saunas include six one-touch health goal program settings; LCD/DVD player and MP3 input, and sound and light therapy to aid in relaxation. Clients will also have access to complimentary towels as well as beverages and refreshments for purchase. Learn more at www.infrasweat.com.
Page Updated Last on: Nov 29, 2012