News By Tag
News By Location
Intelligent Converters released MySQL Migration Toolkit v5.5
New version of MySQL Migration Toolkit, enhanced with DB2-to-MySQL and MySQL-to-DB2 converters, has been released.
Migrating a database from one system to another is one of the biggest challenges for developers and database administrators. The problem is made even worse if both databases are powerful and complex systems like MySQL and IBM DB2. That's why Intelligent Converters enhanced the family of database converters with new products to make bi-directional migration between MySQL and IBM DB2 straightforward and clear.
"MySQL and IBM DB2 are very popular database systems, that's why it was so important for us to support both of them." - said Vladimir Bliyak, CEO of Intelligent Converters.
What's new in v5.5:
- MySQL-to-DB2, a program to migrate MySQL data to IBM DB2 server, has been added.
- DB2-to-MySQL, a program to migrate IBM DB2 data to MySQL server, has been added.
- DBF-to-MySQL has been enhanced with Quick Launch feature.
- Improved support for long SELECT-queries in all converters.
Other features of MySQL Migration Toolkit:
- Option to convert partial data using SELECT-queries.
- Command line support allows to script, automate and schedule the conversion process.
- Converts indexes with all necessary attributes and relationships between tables.
- Stores conversion settings into profile.
- Supports multibyte character sets.
- All versions of MySQL are supported.
- All versions of IBM DB2 are supported.
- All versions of Microsoft SQL are supported starting from 7.0.
- All versions of PostgreSQL are supported.
- All versions of Oracle are supported starting from 8i.
- Migrates MS Access databases to MySQL server or into a local MySQL dump file. The program can synchronize existing MySQL tables with MS Access data and convert MS Access queries into MySQL views. All versions of MS Access (including 2010) are supported.
- Exports data from DBase/FoxPro/
- Exports data from MS Excel spreadsheets or CSV files to MySQL server or into a local MySQL dump file. Option to refine data types during the conversion process. All versions of MS Excel (including 2010) are supported.
- Migrates data between PostgreSQL and MySQL databases.
- Migrates Microsoft SQL databases to MySQL server or into a local MySQL dump file. The program can convert views and synchronize existing MySQL tables with MS SQL data.
- Migrates Oracle databases to MySQL server or into a local MySQL dump file. The program can convert views and synchronize existing MySQL tables with Oracle data.
- Exports MySQL databases into MS Access, DBase/FoxPro (*.dbf), MS Excel.
- Migrates MySQL databases to MS SQL and Oracle servers.
Intelligent Converters allow prospective customers to try the product to see if it fits their needs using free demo version. Demo version of MySQL Migration Toolkit converts only five records per table and does not convert views and relationships between tables. It is available for download here:
Free Subscription for Updates
As every Intelligent Converters product, MySQL Migration Toolkit is supplied with one year subscription for updates. It means that customers will get new versions of the software included in MySQL Migration Toolkit within one year after purchasing for free. Moreover, they also will receive all new utilities for migration from/to MySQL that will be released during the subscription period.
About Intelligent Converters
Intelligent Converters is a software development company entered the market in 2001. Since then the company has been specializing in data access and conversion techniques. The main two goals of their products are: fast access to the data and conversion with a minimum loss of information (e.g. formatting properties for text documents or field attributes for databases). Intelligent Converters software is well-known all around the world. It is databases converters for DBase (.dbf), Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL and export tools for Adobe PDF to convert data into Microsoft Word, HTML, plain text, Microsoft Excel and XML. All of the products are easy to use yet powerful enough to guarantee the best quality of the conversion process.