News By Tag
* content optimization software
* More Industries...
News By Location
Acrolinx 2.10 Enhances Terminology, Supports oXygen XML Editor, Expands User Authentication Options
Acrolinx 2.10 is now available with new support for the oXygen XML editor, enhanced support for user authentication and terminology contribution, and other new features. All Acrolinx customers will receive this release.
In addition, this release sets the stage for easier upgrades by allowing customers to overlay their own configuration changes on top of Acrolinx-provided configuration files instead of changing those files directly.
Commenting on this release, Ulrich Callmeier, Chief Technology Officer of Acrolinx, said, “We have made some important steps forward in this release to adapt to the enterprise needs of our customers for seamless upgrades to new versions of Acrolinx while continuing to enhance functionality and compatibility.”
Key details of the release include:
• Support for oXygen XML Editor 13.2 and 14.0: Acrolinx now integrates with versions 13.2 and 14.0 of the oXygen XML editor, and has been certified to run on Windows.
• Enterprise terminology contribution:
• Java Authentication and Authorization Service (JAAS): now the preferred method for authenticating users, JAAS supports many authentication technologies through the use of interchangeable login modules that anyone can implement. The Acrolinx Server bundles in the Oracle Java Runtime Engine (JRE), which includes login modules for many protocols such as LDAP and Kerberos. This new feature makes external authentication easier to configure and extends the authentication technologies that Acrolinx supports.
• MySQL database for terminology:
• RSS feed of terminology changes: coincident with this release, Acrolinx now offers a one-day professional services engagement to set up RSS-based notifications of terminology contributions and changes. These RSS feeds notify terminologists and terminology users when new terms or comments have been submitted and when new terms are approved.
Available now for immediate download, Acrolinx 2.10 also includes dozens of other improvements in usability, stability, and performance.
Acrolinx provides Content Optimization Software that enables companies such as Adobe, Dell, Cisco, IBM, Philips, and Siemens to make their content easier to comprehend, cheaper to translate, and easier to find. Built on a powerful linguistic analytics engine, Acrolinx helps you analyze and optimize the content you deliver to your customers. Learn more at www.acrolinx.com.
PG Bartlett, SVP Product Management
One Broadway, Suite A200
Denver, CO 80203 USA