News By Tag
News By Location
Softaculous team announced launch of Softaculous 4.1.5
Softaculous Ltd., the developer of Softaculous Auto Installer that simplifies Application deployment on various hosting platforms, announced the launch of Softaculous 4.1.5 which includes several features and a few bug fixes.
This version has several new features and a few bug fixes.
Softaculous 4.1.5 has following changes:
1) pre_remove and post_remove Hooks are added.
2) Scripts can now be installed from command line. NOTE: At the moment this is possible for cPanel only.
3) Softaculous version can now be displayed from CLI.
4) Bug Fix : Softaculous was failing to backup an installations if Database was very huge. It is fixed now.
5) Bug Fix : Restore process of large backups was failing due to memory exhaust. It is fixed now.
6) Bug Fix : A minor bug while importing and saving installation from other auto installers has been fixed.
7) Bug Fix : Emails sent for backups created displayed file extension as .zip instead of .tar.gz. It is now fixed.
8) Bug Fix : PHP Notices were displayed while executing the CRON command on server with strict error reporting. It is now fixed.
9) Bug Fix : Perl scripts were not able to upgrade. It is now fixed.
10) Bug Fix : Language string for backup and restore in Email Template option in Softaculous Admin panel was missing. It is fixed now.
11) Bug Fix : During backup/restore Softaculous was showing successful message even though the backup/restore failed. However the mails displayed the error message if backup/restore was not successfully. It is fixed now.
Softaculous Auto Installer integrates into popular hosting control panels like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, H-Sphere, Interworx and ISPSystems and allows the user to install any application by the click of a button. There are lots of script categories like blogs, forums, micro blogs, wikis, social networking, image galleries, ERP, Project Management, Educational, etc. One can also upgrade these applications when new versions become available. Softaculous also offers Demos, Ratings, Reviews and screenshots of the various applications.
"Softaculous 4.1.5 has added CLI for installing the scripts from Command Line." said Pulkit Gupta, Softaculous founder and CEO. "The scripts can now be installed from Command Line and we will be adding more command line tasks soon."
The Softaculous apps library already contains popular applications, including: WordPress, b2evolution, StatusNet, Drupal, Joomla, Concrete5, phpBB, MyBB, SMF, bbPress, Coppermine, Gallery, Mediawiki, DokuWiki, TikiWiki, Elgg, Dolphin, OpenX, SquirrelMail, LimeSurvey, Piwik, Mantis, SugarCRM, WHMCS, PrestaShop, Magento, CraftySyntax, osTicket, Moodle, Claroline, etc. most of which can be installed in several languages by just choosing the language on the Install form.
To address the needs of different hosting providers, Softaculous is available as a Free product or as a Premium product. The Free version has only 55 apps while the Premium version currently has 275 Apps.
Softaculous also launched a newly improved Client Center this week. "We are excited to launch a newly improved Client Center with User Friendly Interface which makes purchasing and managing Softaculous licenses faster."
said Brijesh Kothari, Sales Head at Softaculous.
The company also offers Webuzo - a LAMP stack with Softaculous installed on a CentOS Machine. Webuzo can help any user deploy Web Apps on their Desktops or in the Office. Webuzo can also be deployed in the Cloud which helps users to access their apps from anywhere.
Softaculous was founded in 2009 with the goal of helping users to deploy apps by the click of a button. Softaculous is already being offered by leading Data Center’s and Web hosting companies around the world.
It is very easy to find, deploy, manage, backup applications using Softaculous. One can also deploy apps in the office using Softaculous Webuzo or Softaculous AMPPS.
For more information, visit http://www.softaculous.com/