News By Tag
News By Location
Learn how to approach a journalist and get your business in the press.
Here UK Based PR Guru Julie Sherwood shares her tips on how you can approach journalists, and get your business in the press.
12th September 2012
Six ways to market your business.
PR Guru Julie Sherwood, gives her PR tips on how you can get some free press coverage for your business, and get your business in the press:
1. In addition to paid-for advertising you can try to get your business featured in national and regional press. You'll need to get the right editorial contacts to do this, so it's worth investing in a good editorial database.
2. Acknowledge that journalists are always looking for content for their pages. They are always on the look out for new products, experts to quote and statistics to use.
3. If you have a local event planned, invite the local radio or newspaper along. Simply give their news desk a call or phone the Forward Planning Team on your radio.
4. Develop some PR angles for your business. Get creative, read a newspaper with your PR hat and look at where your competitors are. Think how you can be there instead.
5. Keep consistent good PR is as much about building relationships with journalists and showing them that you are a reliable source.
6. Don't just contact The Editor. There will be someone in charge of putting the News pages together, a Books Editor, a Homes & Interiors editor. Plus of course there are tons of freelance staff who are instrumental in putting pages together.
To get editorial contacts to UK magazines and newspapers visit Parenting Magazine Contacts.
Julie Sherwood, runs Get In The Press, PR for the parenting and lifestyle press in the UK. She has secured coverage in The Guardian, The Sun, The Sunday Express, The Mirror, Mother & Baby magazine, Prima, Woman's Own, Cosmopolitan, Red, Top Sante and more. For more information on Julie Sherwood click here.
For more details please phone Julie Sherwood on 07827 290496.