News By Tag
* Precast Concrete Construction
* Precast Concrete Contractors
* Precast Concrete Detailing
* Tilt-up Wall Panel Detailing
* More Tags...
News By Location
Precast Construction: the most acceptable and affordable construction technique
Precast construction is being used in the majority of structural components. Precast concrete, Precast concrete construction, Structural precast construction, Precast concrete contractors.
By: 7Solutions India
- The division and specialization of the human workforce
- The flawless use of tools and other equipments, usually automated, in the production of standard, interchangeable parts and products
Since 2005, the demand for new commercial and residential buildings has been on the top than the other types of construction. Practically, precast construction is always more economical when compared to conventional multifamily residential, commercial, industrial or institutional construction anywhere in world.
As per the load-bearing structural, precast construction can be categorize into the following categories:
- Frame systems
- Slab-column systems with walls
- Mixed systems
List of Structural Precast Detailing Services:
- Precast Concrete Detailing
- Precast Wall Panels Detailing
- Precast Concrete Cladding Panels Detailing
- Precast Concrete Tilt-up Panels Detailing
- Precast Shop Drawings
- Precast Concrete Stairs Detailing
- Precast Erection Drawings
- Precast Concrete Column Detailing
- Precast Concrete Beam Detailing
- Precast Concrete Slab Detailing
- Post Tension Detailing
- Double Tee Detailing
- Non load bearing & Load bearing
- Column Cover and Cornices
- Hollow Core Slab Detailing Services
- Embedment Plans Detailing
- Column Cap Plate Detailing
- Flat Slab Detailing Services
As far as the concept of precast products is concerned, many states across the United States require a precast plant to be certified by either the Architectural Precast Association (APA), National Precast Concrete Association (NPCA) or Precast Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI) for a precast producer to supply their product to a construction site sponsored by State and Federal DOTs.
There are some numerous products which are utilizing precast/ prestressed concrete and majority of precast products can fall under one or more of the following categories:
- Agricultural Products
- Building and Site Amenities
- Retaining Walls
- Sanitary and Stormwater
- Transportation and Traffic Related Products
- Utility Structures
- Water and Wastewater Products
- Cemetery Products
- Double Wall Precast — Concrete Sandwich Panels
Furthermore, Tilt-up construction is also plays an important part of Precast Construction process. Of course, a question comes into your mind that, so what is the difference between tilt-up and other types of construction?
The answer is, in traditional forms of wall construction, the walls can be built with CMU blocks or blocks faced with brick. A tilt-up building's walls are created horizontally in large slabs of concrete called panels. The panels are then lifted, or tilted up, into position around the building's slab. This means the tilt-up structure's exterior wall is virtually finished when it is tilted into place.
Tilt-up construction provides numerous advantages over steel buildings either it is residential, commercial, institutional or other types of industrial building construction projects. Generally speaking, a one- to two-story structure larger than 50,000 square feet with less than 50% wall opening space is an excellent example for tilt-up concrete construction.
Benefits of Tilt-up Construction:
- Savings Construction Costs: by using this construction method, raw material costs can be reduced and of course it will also reduce the overall construction cost as well. In tilt-up construction method, the workers are typically lesser than the workers used in traditional construction and are normally comprised of local labor. This way contractor can reduce labor costs. Because of the economies of scale, the larger the footprints for the building, the more these savings improve the project's total cost.
- Fast Construction Schedule: Tilt-up construction offers several opportunities to "compress" the schedule and deliver the building very quickly. To erecting the walls in tilt-up construction is a faster process than building walls using traditional construction techniques. The trades can begin work earlier in the process on a tilt-up project, which allows greater overlapping of project phases. Because the building is made of ready-mix concrete from local sources, the chances of delay project is less than the traditional construction method.
Sharon Kidman is the author of this article. For more details about precast construction and precast detailing services, please visit http://www.precastdetailingindia.com or get a free quote at http://www.precastdetailingindia.com/