News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Modern Machine Control: Omron CP1L Embedded Ethernet Controller
Developed specifically for Machine Builders & OEM’S, the new range of Omron CP1L controllers can be used for programming & communications with devices via the use of Ethernet technology.
By: More Control
The increased use of Ethernet technology has subsequently led to a growing demand for a range of controllers which can match the requirements of modern machine control with the usability and versatility of application needs. With the Omron CP1L, small scale programmable controllers with 10 to 200 I/O points now have Ethernet capabilities.
The ability to send and receive message from the CP1L PLC units makes it possible for a host computer to monitor the status of controllers and receive feedback from the controllers about any onsite abnormalities detected. This ability and use of Ethernet as an interface for programmable controllers has led to numerous new application uses. Sewerage monitoring systems and building automation systems can be monitored by computers through wireless and Ethernet networks to record and control sites remotely.
While traditional Ethernet communication devices were only available on large modular PLC’s, the new range of Omron CP1L matches the needs of modern machine control with streamline compact and accessible devices. The CP1L is able to connect seamlessly with a wide range of sensors and position control devices as well as providing facilities for remote access, monitoring and data logging.
- Embedded Ethernet models with socket services functionality are now available.
- Fast programming with expanded Function Block memory (up to 10 Kstep).
- More analog I/Os at minimum cost and without the need for more cabinet space.
- Save time and money (CX-Programmer Software with built-in simulation capability allows pretesting of programs without any hardware.)
- Maximize efficiency (Select the optimum CPU for your application:
For more information about the Omron CP1L range of programmable controllers, contact More Control on 0345 00 00 400.