News By Tag
* Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
* Stroke Medications
* More Tags...
News By Place
Pradaxa Bleeding Risk: What Do Patients Think?
PharmaFlare analyzed patient experiences with regard to bleeding risk associated with Pradaxa
Our brief research note on patient viewpoints on the bleeding risk associated with Pradaxa includes:
• Representative sample views of patients using Pradaxa and concerned about bleeding risk
• Percentage of patients who faced bleeding due to Pradaxa and their views
• Percentage of patients who were switching from Pradaxa to other drugs because of bleeding and other issues, the reasons for the switch, and their views
• Percentage of patients concerned about the mortality rate associated with Pradaxa and their views
Sample view of a patient who experienced bleeding due to Pradaxa:
Have been on Pradaxa for 17 days. Have daily nosebleeds and bloodclots. Anyone else have this problem? I was told there shouldn't be any blood anywhere. Otherwise, I tolerate it very well.
Sample view of a patient on the bleeding risk associated with Pradaxa and the resulting fatality:
Just to let you know, Pradaxa has some catastrophic side effects like spontaneous bleeding of a blood vessel in the brain causing death. I saw this for my self. A family member of mine took it for about 3-4 weeks ended up with a stroke (spontaneous bleed)- that got worse with in 8-10 hrs, was in a coma for a week and passed away a week after teh initial stroke. There are no medications to reverse the effects like with coumadin.
Sample view of a patient who switched from Pradaxa to another drug because of the bleeding risk:
Hi everyone. I was scheduled for a cardioversion next month and my new cardiologist wanted me on Pradaxa for a month prior. I asked for Pradaxa rather than warfarin. that was about a week ago.
Well yesterday I woke up and there was blood in the corner of my left eye, as if the blood vessels had burst. Today it was a bit worse. I called my Dr. and he immiediately took me off Pradaxa and postponed my cardioversion indefinitely. I also have to see an eye doctor now. I'm pretty bummed."
Further, PharmaFlare analyzed FDA adverse events of Pradaxa with the role code as the primary suspect & the summary findings include:
• Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage ( 1,214 cases reported to FDA in 2011, of which 748 cases states that Pradaxa alone is the reason for the gastrointestinal hemorrhage)
• Hemorrhage ( 713 cases reported to FDA in 2011, of which 483 cases states that Pradaxa alone is the reason for the hemorrhage)
• Death ( 425 cases reported to FDA in 2011, of which 325 cases states that Pradaxa alone is the reason for the death)
For more analysis and research, contact email@example.com
Page Updated Last on: Jun 15, 2012