Eduplanet21 Partners with PA Intermediate Units to create Striving Readers Social Learning Institute
Three PA Intermediate Units have partnered to provide an innovative way to deliver Professional Development for districts interested in building and supporting a birth through 12th grade literacy plan.
The Berks County, Colonial and Capital Area Intermediate Units, are developing nine “Learning Paths” related to building a birth through 12th grade literacy environment. Through the Eduplanet21 platform, these Learning Paths provide a guided, easy-to-use interface that allows users to go beyond face-to-face learning, access content, question experts, and ultimately collaborate to accelerate learning. This platform will allow the Intermediate Units to offer a cost-effective blended-delivery solution that will best meet sustainability and capacity needs for participating educators.
The “Striving Readers Social Learning Institute” will serve as the platform for nine Learning Paths that include:
1. Data Analysis and Decision Making
2. Universal Design for Learning and Digital Technology
3. Building Blocks of Literacy
4. Family Literacy and Family Engagement
5. Navigating Content with English Language Learners (ELLs)
6. Successful Transitions Along the Literacy Continuum
7. Implementing the Common Core State Standards and the Literacy Design Collaborative
8. Supporting Learners with Special Needs
9. Reading Apprenticeship
Eduplanet21 is a software, content, and services company committed to revolutionizing learning through the use of social media. Their solution effectively shortens the time needed to master learning, increases retention and improves user engagement. For more information, visit: http://www.eduplanet21.com or contact: marketing@
Page Updated Last on: May 30, 2012