First 'Real' Exorcism as a Catholic Priest as told by Archbishop Ron Feyl

By: The Sacred Order of St. Michael the Archangel
April 30, 2012 - PRLog -- It was a rainy mid-April day around 5PM when a call came from one of our bishops in Long Beach California, asking if there is a priest available to do a house blessing in a rundown, low income area of Los Angeles. I said I was available. He gladly gave me the address and I picked up the things I needed and went to the address. It took me approximately two hours to find the address and get there. The rain came down hard and I was soaked to the bone when I arrived. The addresses lead me to this big apartment house where there were about 200 family units, which were probably built in the early 1900's. There was a bright street light directly in front of the building that was flicking on and off.

When I arrived there was a crowd of people outside the building. An old man stepped out of the darkness and said "What are you doing here? You have no business in this neighborhood." I ignored the man as I passed him. Then I looked around for a second and he was not there, nor were the people who were in front of the building. I felt a chill go down my spine. As I entered the dark hallway I saw shadows moving along the hallway walls, but there was no one around. I heard sounds of a woman screaming that echo throughout the building. Again, I felt that chill go down my spine.

As I entered the apartment there were three big bangs like fire crackers and a moment of silence filled the room. The room was filled with people who were the neighbors. One lady cried out "The priest is here, the priest is here", the mother ran up to me crying with her hand on her chest and said she was waiting all day for the church to send a priest to help her daughter. Some of the people in the room were praying, some were crying, and some just stood still, waiting to see what was going to happen next.

One of the neighbors who was a nurse had seen the daughter earlier that day. She was so frightened she ran out of the room and refused to go back in.

There I stood expecting to do a house blessing only to find out that this night I would be doing an exorcism, solo. Up to this point, in the many cases that I have been directly involved in, I was always the first or second priest to assist in the ritual of exorcism and most of the time the exorcist would be one of my bishops. Never had I soloed before.

It's a known fact that out of 100 cases that are investigted for demonic possession, only 1 or 2 may be the 'real' thing. I was always told by my bishop that since a real case of demonic possession was rare, I should still be always ready for the real thing, because one day it will come, and at that time I better be prepared.

As a general rule, when saying the rite of exorcism you should have at least one other priest and two would be better, but here I am alone, with all these frightened people and not knowing if I can count on them if I need assistance.

As the mother lead me to her daughter's room I heard the stepfather's voice scream for help as things were flying in the room. She opened the door and my attention went directly to her face of this little girl. You could see she was not there but something else was present.

The step-father was sitting by the door. The buttons on his shirt were torn off and blood was running down his head. He said a lamp flew off the table and hit him on the head. The daughter was lying on the floor, breathing heavy and not moving as if she was in a deep sleep.

Earlier that day the mother and stepfather removed all the furnishing from the room but left a mattress on the floor. The stepfather helped me carry her to the mattress. The room was dark and cool. A blanket covered the windows.

The stepfather said to me "Please Father, this is not our daughter, please bring her back to us."

She was only twently years old, but appeared with deep wrinkles on her face, like she was over hundred, with a gray pallor, and a horrible stench. As I examined her body I saw open deep wounds measuring 2-4" in areas where it would be impossible for her to reach. Her fingernails were missing. As I stood up I noticed the walls were cracked with most of her nails embedded in them. Her eyes were still closed so I decided to leave the room and see if I could get some of the neighbors who were in the other room to assist me. I was only gone for a few minutes when she begins screaming and I heard a loud noise like something smashing against the walls.

I rushed back to the room and found her naked, sitting on the floor with a comb in her hand, scratching and cutting herself while screaming and laughing at the top of her lungs. With the help of the stepfather and some of the neighbors we carried her back to the mattress. The mother went to get her a nightgown for her daughter. I instructed three of the men to hold her hands and legs, as I started the ritual. The first day seemed as long as a week. After nine hours I was exhausted along with the people that were helping in holding her down. She finally fell asleep.

I needed to rest and the stepfather suggested I spend the night and sleep in the room next door. So I agreed. The room had a bed and just four feet away from the bed was a bicycle someone was working on. It was turned upside down, resting on its handle bars. I entered the room and put my thing down. I looked over in the direction of the bicycle and the wheels begin to turn by themselves. I got up from the bed and stated to walk toward it. The wheels stop spinning for a moment then stated up again, than they would stop. This went on all night.

Some of the rooms in this apartment building were without bathroom. The bathrooms are located in the halllways. There are five toilet stalls to each floor. In order to go to the bathroom you would have to walk to one of the community bathrooms, down this dark hallway. It was about 2AM. As I made my way to one of these bathroom I started to see those dark shadows once again, moving on the walls of the hallway. I quickly moved down the end of the hallway and entered the bathroom. While I was there I started to play back in my mind all that was happening, and then a saw an illuminating light that was flowing just inches from my face. I quickly hurried out of the bathroom and made my way back to the room I was staying in. I lie on the bed and begin to prayer and think about all the things that had happened that day. I started to stare at the ceiling. The moment I tried to relax I was startled when I heard and saw a straight, bright, popping light that travel across the ceiling. This was the time I came to the conclusion that this place, meaning this apartment house and maybe some of the people living here, were demonically possessed and I was in the center of pure evil.

I called my bishop the following morning and asked if he would send a couple of priests to assist me. He said he would see what he can do, until then, I would be on my own.

I made my way back where I saw people standing in the hallway, right outside the apartment door. I said to them "who will come in and assist me." As I placed my hand on the door knob to open the door, I turned my head around expecting them to follow me in, but there was no one around. All four people that was standing behind me all seem to vanish.

If you like to find out what happen on my first 'Real' exorcism, than please go to my website
Source:The Sacred Order of St. Michael the Archangel
Email:*** Email Verified
Tags:Exorcism, Demonic, Demons, Exorcist, Priest
Industry:Religion, Society
Location:Ontario - California - United States
Account Phone Number Verified     Disclaimer     Report Abuse
Page Updated Last on: Jul 10, 2016
Order of Exorcists PRs
Trending News
Most Viewed
Top Daily News

Like PRLog?
Click to Share