News By Tag
* Community Christian Church
* Community Service
* Service Project
* Help The Needy
* More Tags...
News By Place
Church Bypasses Weekly Service in Favor of Community Service
Community Christian Church will mobilize 2,000 volunteers to serve in their communities on the weekend of May 5 and 6. Attendees will participate in community service projects instead of a traditional worship service.
Some of the many Service Celebration serving opportunities include:
• Preparing and delivering meals for seniors who receive benefits through Will County Senior Services (meal benefits were recently cut from seven to four days a week).
• Assembling "House Warming" baskets for former residents of the Daybreak Center in Joliet who successfully resume employment and personal housing
• Working with the Plainfield Park District to perform much-needed spring cleaning and landscaping of its many parks & facilities
• Serving at "Motorcycle Sunday" event for 800 riders at Philips Park in Aurora, in partnership with Warehouse Church
• Helping with the Village of Montgomery "Fox River clean-up"
• Putting on a festival/party for the guests of Hesed House in its parking lot
• Partnering with an Oswego elementary school to honor teachers and perform spring clean-up
• Cleaning up and improving the grounds at apartment buildings owned by DuPage-based Bridge Communities, a Transitional Housing Program for homeless families
Lead Pastor Dave Ferguson explains, “Instead of gathering together, we will be sending our attendees out to serve with specific projects meant to help restore the communities around us. From partnerships with local park districts and schools to working with food pantries and shelters, we are going to work together to meet the needs around us and make a difference in our neighborhoods.”