Follow on Google News
News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
“Centennial Plus One Edition” in honor of the 101st birthday of playwright Tennessee Williams
For a Limited Time Only David Bruce Smith Publications is Proud to Offer “Centennial Plus One Edition” in honor of the 101st birthday of playwright Tennessee Williams. A Special Offer on a Masterful Book by America’s Shakespeare.
TENNESSEE is a limited edition, four-color letterpress, three-volume collection which contains the initial printing and publication of Tennessee Williams' recently discovered play, "These Are the Stairs You Got to Watch,” accompanied by his masterpieces, "The Glass Menagerie" and "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof."
About the Edition:
• Fine Limited Edition – Hand Bound, Hand Printed
• Included within is original artwork by the world renowned artist, Clarice Smith, who was commissioned to create six, full page works of "Tennessee's Women."
o From metal plates. Printing/color separations performed individually on a World War ll-type roller press in Florence, Italy.
o 3 subjects, Maggie, Laura and Girl, full page illustrations bound within the book.
o Blanche, Maxine and Alma prints, unbound and signed by the artist. Nestled in the box interior in special slip pocket with a snap.
• David Bruce Smith, publisher of the collection, has provided the commentary. Michael Kahn, Artistic Director of the Shakespeare Theatre and friend to Williams, authored the preface.
• Three volumes nested in a soft black matte finish clamshell box lined with charbon-colored suedel luxe.
• Book Design and Art Binding by John Paul Greenwalt.
• Printed by Paoli Barbieri on a letterpress and hand set in Baskerville type in four colors.
• End papers in cream colored translucent paper.
• Limited to 1,500 standard editions.
TENNESSEE is for sale by these fine books sellers.
Chestertown Old Book Co., Chestertown, MD
Books Tell You Why, Mt. Pleasant, SC
Kelmscott Bookshop, Baltimore, MD
You may also schedule an appointment to view the book in Washington, DC and New York City.
This limited collection is an elegant and unique gift for anyone in your life who appreciates Tennessee Williams, theatre, plays and art.
Call 703.786.1430 or email if you have any questions about ordering this limited-edition book.
David Bruce Smith has a bachelor’s degree in American Literature from George Washington University, and a master’s in journalism from New York University. He is the author of nine books In Many Arenas, 13 Young Men, Tennessee, Three Miles From Providence, Conversations with Papa Charlie, Afternoon Tea with Mom, Letters to My Children, Building the Community and Continuum.
His tenth book, a children’s book about founding father John Marshall, will be published in June, 2012.
For more information visit www.DavidBruceSmith.com.
# # #
David Bruce Smith Publications specializes in creating, designing, and writing limited-edition books on a variety of subjects: authors, historic figures, artists and leaders. The company has published nine books.