News By Tag
News By Location
Google Apps IP Address Restriction - SSO Easy Solution Manages Remote User Access
SSO Easy's solution uses Google Apps IP Address Restriction approach to allow customers to manage remote user access. Restrict access for Google Apps user or group by IP Address range. Free Trials are available, and typically completed in 1 hour!
By: DSCR Communications
This unique capability is available as a feature of the EasyConnect single sign on product from SSO Easy, and is available for customers who need to address a Google Apps SSO use case.
Prior to this offering, Google Apps clients have struggled to attempt to effectively define, manage, and enforce Google Apps security policies related to remote user access. The market has required the capability for Google Apps customers to selectively allow remote access to Google Apps to some users, and/or groups, and/or roles in their organization, while somehow controlling and restricting remote access to other Google Apps users, groups, and/or roles. There has not been a clear, easy, quick solution to this requirement for Google Apps users. Until now.
Now, Google Apps clients who have a requirement or a desire to selectively grant remote access to Google Apps to some users, groups, and/or roles in their organization, while effectively restricting remote access from other Google Apps users, groups, and/or roles, have the ability to achieve this advanced function by using the EasyConnect product from SSO Easy.
Production implementations of this specific solution have proven to be quick and easy for EasyConnect clients. Clients typically complete their production implementation of the solution in just a few hours. A Free Trial of the solution may be requested at the the SSO Easy website, listed below. Free Trials are typically completed in about 1 hour.
A spokesperson for SSO Easy commented today on the cricital impact that this solution provides to all Google Apps customers:
"We are thrilled to deliver this critical capability to the Google Apps customer base. Google Apps is the fastest growing set of personal productivity tools being embraced by the market. The ability for clients to effectively define, implement, and manage security policy for their Google Apps user base is essential. It is also essential to provide wide and varied access to Google Apps for selective parts of the organization, and equally important to be able to effectively restrict remote access to other segments of the Google Apps user populace within the organization."
"Our customers continue to be our best product designers. By continuing to solicit input regarding Google Apps requirements from our valued customer base, and by heavily factoring customer input into our product plans, we are able to deliver meaningful and required function into our products. Our ability to Restrict Remote Access to Google Apps based on IP Address has developed directly from input from our clients. We are extremely appreciative, and we remain committed to continuing to deliver on the strategic requirements that our customers share with us."
Free Trial of this Solution is Available:
* SSO Easy provides Free Trials of this solution.
* Free Trials are typically completed in 15-30 minutes.
For more information, please visit the following links:
Solution Details & Customer Testimonials:
Following are additional details regarding SSO Easy's Google Apps Single Sign On solution capabilities:
SSO Easy EasyConnect for Google Apps provides users with secure access to Google Apps, without having to provide a password.
• No Coding required!
• FREE POC’s – completed in 15-30 minutes!
• Go live in 1 hour!
EasyConnect SSO for Google Apps: Product Overview
• Enables users to single-sign-
• Secure product
• No passwords required
• Standards-compliant (SAML) solution
• Integrated with your authentication system
- Leverage existing .NET, Java / J2EE, Active Directory, LDAP, PHP, REST API, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc
• Implementation services available, if desired
Optional features include:
• Active Directory / AD Password Sync with Google Apps
• LDAP Password Sync with Google Apps
• POP3 / IMAP & Mobile SSO to Google Apps
• Restrict remote user access to Google Apps by IP Address
• Google admin can assume & access a user account / identity for auditing & compliance by administrators
• OpenID support
• Postini SSO
• Salesforce SSO
• SSO with any SAML 2.0, SAML 1.1, or OpenID partners
POP3 / IMAP / Mobile Devices Support Details:
• Google Apps SSO support provided for single sign on to Gmail, Google Calendar, Docs & Contacts from virtually all cell phone types.
• Google Apps SSO support is provided for single sign on access to virtually all of the most commonly used email solutions on the market.
• Email system types that are supported for Google Apps SSO integration, among others, include: Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, iPhone / iPad Touch, Lotus, Zimbra
# # #
SSO Easy provides a SAML-based turnkey, enterprise class Single Sign On product. SSO Easy's EasyConnect SAML product allows clients to implement SAML SSO connections quickly and easily, with out of the box support for .net, Java, J2EE, and Google Apps.