News By Tag
News By Location
Top 10 reasons why you should go on safari in 2012
The start of the New Year is often the time when we reflect on the past and make plans for the future. It is also the time for lists. So here are the top 10 reasons why you should go on safari with Bush and Beyond.
1. The wildlife is the obvious place to start. The chance to see lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino plus giraffe, zebra, gazelles and so much more is the number one reason people go on safari. Our properties provide you with the chance to see all of these animals and so much more within the privacy of our private conservancies.
2. Cultural interaction with the local communities that are all part of our Bush and Beyond family. You get a chance to meet, spend time with and learn from the Maasai and Samburu tribes in an authentic and in depth fashion.
3. Our owners and managers who treat you like part of the family. At our properties we like to make you feel like you are visiting your favourite relatives who provide you with wonderful experiences, great meals, superb accommodations and no hassles.
4. Amazing landscapes which you are able to experience and interact with. Our properties are found in some of the most amazing locations that you can possibly imagine – on the slopes of mountains, in the vast plains of the savannah, on scenic plateaus, on the green hills of Africa and within a park that borders as major city.
5. The chance to be active and adventurous. Imagine riding amongst the zebra on horseback or striding out amongst the plains with your Maasai guide to explore the landscape. Or being on top of a camel as you return from a night spent camping by the river or soaring above the earth in a replica biplane. Or driving out under the stars to see what you can discover by spotlight. All of these activities psuir and many more are part of the Bush and Beyond (http://www.bush-
6. A chance to reconnect with your family. There is something magical about being on safari with your family away from all the distractions of everyday life. The chance to experience new things with your children and learn together is one of the most powerful bonding moments and to be able to give the gift of travel is simply the best.
7. The food. Yes, you might be in the bush and you may even be camping with no running water or electricity but you will still be experiencing fine dining and delicious cuisine. Imagine a made to order omelette with homemade cinnamon rolls or individual cheese soufflés followed by roast lamb with all the trimmings. Delectable tarts, pies, cakes and even ice cream will satisfy so sweet tooth as well. Our chefs are famous for their incredible creations.
8. Experience one of the natural wonders of the world. The annual migration of the wildebeest from the Serengeti to the Masai Mara is considered one of the eight natural wonders of the world and you can witness it from 5 of our different properties. Picture being surrounding by hundreds of thousands of wildebeest and seeing them make their epic and dangerous river crossings.
9. To have a romantic interlude with your partner. Imagine the two of you waking up together to the sounds of the birds singing and watching the sunrise from your verandah. Or sipping champagne under the stars in your own private bath. Or enjoying a private bush dinner for two with the wildlife and landscape spread out before you. Nothing is more romantic than a safari!
10. The chance to slow down. The best part of a safari is you get the chance to slow down and begin to move with the rhythms of the natural world. You get up with the sun and the birds, you rest in the heat of the day and you retire when the sun goes down feeling that you have put in a full day. You have time for meaningful conversations around the fire or table and you remember who you are and what your purpose in life is.
Bush and Beyond Safari (http://www.bush-