News By Tag
* Business Conference
* Green Business
* Clean Energy
* More Tags...
* Green Business Conference
* More Industries...
News By Location
Fifth Annual Opportunity Green Business Conference Showcases Fortune 500 Companies and Start-Ups
Over 900 professionals and executive decision-makers from around the globe will be converging at the fifth Annual Opportunity Green Conference between Nov.10-11, 2011 at the Los Angeles Center Studios.
•Opportunity Green was named one of the "10 Best Conferences for Ideas and Entrepreneurship"
"We chose the theme "Accelerate"
Opportunity Green 2011 takes place Thursday, November 10 and Friday, November 11 at Los Angeles Center Studios in the heart of downtown Los Angeles and features a diverse array of speakers, interactive workshops and awards presentations including:
Program Highlights of Opportunity Green 2011
• Opening presentation of the "2011 Green Governor of the Year" award to Governor Peter Shumlin of Vermont followed by an in-depth interview by award-winning journalist, Simran Sethi
• 2nd Annual Eco Maverick Award presentation to Adrian Grenier (actor and Co-Founder)
and Peter Glatzer (producer and Co-Founder) of SHFT.com
• Case studies and best practices from leaders in sustainable business such as: Ben Packard, VP of Global Responsibility of Starbucks; Hannah Jones, VP Sustainable Business
& Innovation at Nike; Gaylon White, Design Programs Director at Eastman Innovation Labs; and a panel led by MIT Sloan Management Review Executive Editor, David Kiron
• Pioneers in design such as Founder of Fuse Project and Conde Nast's "Designer of the Year", Yves Behar and Irwin Miller, Principal at Gensler
• Sessions and panels that will address preeminent eco issues such as "Opportunities in Modern and Energy Efficient Transportation"
and Sustainable Agriculture"
OG25 Innovative Green Start-Up Awards Competition:
* On Friday, November 11, the Third Annual OG25 Innovative Green Start-Up Competition takes the main stage at the Opportunity Green Conference. Twenty-five finalists - representing the best and brightest entrepreneurial initiatives in clean technology, transportation, infrastructure, social innovation, water management, food systems, community development and more will compete in a fast pitch (one minute) presentation in hopes of being named "OG25 Green Start-Up of the Year". Past winners are Zimride (2010) and Ecovative Design (2009).
2009 OG25 Winner, Ecovative Design will join Dell on stage Thursday morning to share their story of product innovation and going from start-up to working with the Newsweek's 2010"Greenest Company in America".
Key Sponsors and Partners of Opportunity Green Include:
* Opportunity Green is presented in partnership with The BMW Group and Gensler and hosted by UCLA Anderson School of Management Price Center for Entrepreneurial Studies with additional support from: Domtar Paper, Eastman Innovation Lab, Dell, eBay Green Team, AHA! Writers, Marsh & McClennan Companies, Yoxi, Los Angeles Center Studios, Southwest Airlines, Indo Teak Design, Kaiser Permanente, UCLA Institute of the Environment and Sustainability, UCLA Extension, Production Resource Group (PRG), American Apparel, Cedars-Sinai, Los Angeles World Airports, Southern California Gas Company, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, Everpure Pentair Water, Energy Upgrade California, Bottlehood, Vapur, American Reclaimed Product Supply, Borrego Solar, Boxman Studios, Zimride, ChicoBag, Daqri, QuickMobile, Boostability, NS Tech, Hotel Angeleno, Design Printing LA,Tern Bicycles, Native Energy, Yolo Colorhouse, Bikes Belong, ICON Aircraft,Tender Greens, Border Grill, Calamigos Ranch, Large Marge Sustainables, Weaver's Coffee & Tea, Kevita, Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery (SPUD), repurpose, Honest Beverages, ecoProducts, PopChips, Kashi and KIND.
* Other partners include: MIT Sloan Management Review, Sustainable Industries, Triple Pundit, Inhabitat, EcoTuesday, Goodlifer, Centre for Sustainability and Excellence, Art Center College of Design, Product Development and Management Association-
About Opportunity Green
Founded in 2007, Opportunity Green brings together leading companies and visionaries in technology, design, media and more, showcasing the hottest opportunities to drive profitability through sustainability. The conference exposes and connects participants to an interdisciplinary cross-section of ideas at the forefront of sustainable business practices through a variety of formats, including creative panels and experiential workshops. Opportunity Green is the largest multidisciplinary green business conference, attracting over 850 attendees from Fortune 500 powerhouses to cutting-edge startups. Opportunity Green is the proud recipient of the Golden Arrow Award for Overall Excellence in Product Stewardship from the California Product Stewardship Council and a finalist for "Best Green Initiative" in the BizBash West Event Style Awards.
For more information on the conference, visit www.opportunitygreen.com.
Follow the latest news and updates related to Opportunity Green on Facebook at www.facebook.com/
Opportunity Green: Nov.10-11, 2011: Los Angeles - www.opportunitygreen.com
# # #
For more information, please contact:
(310) 765-2233 xt. 713
For press credentials and interviews, contact:
Dawna Shuman - Lighthouse Public Relations
# # #
The 5th Annual Opportunity Green is the largest B2B multidisciplinary sustainability conference, bringing together today's leading companies and visionaries, and showcasing the authentic players, sought-after opportunities and profound innovations driving today's new green economy. From Fortune 500 powerhouses to inventive startups, OG attracts over 1000 professionals and executive decision-makers from around the globe.