News By Tag
* Expatriate Health Insurance
* Affordable Health Insurance
* Travelers Health Insurance
* Medical Insurance
* More Tags...
News By Place
The Global Benefits Association Has Been Launched
The Global Benefits Association (GBA) is the non-profit trade association for the global benefits & expatriate Industry with its primary focus being on health insurance, employee benefits and benefits options that are delivered internationally.
The Global Benefits Association’
• Global collaboration and sharing of knowledge, best practices, and benchmarking
in regards to global benefits issues, and joint problem solving with global benefits
• Development and sharing of cross border business practices
• Provide tools to member companies to create global solutions
• Educate global benefits vendors and industry service providers on expected levels of
services and transparency
• Promote health and wellness in a global environment where health and wellness
programs may differ by country
• Creating transparency in quality and outcomes in healthcare, across borders.
• Support government’s bodies in their healthcare initiatives and to assist them in
reducing the burden and cost of providing healthcare.
• Creating regulations for the industry, standard definitions, standards of practice and
procedure, standard policy language and certification to simplify global benefits
business practices and expectations.
• Sharing best practices in claims management, such as case management,
disease management, wellness and other initiatives, that successfully reduce
• Sharing of methods of prevention that are being utilized in different parts of the world
to assist in the prevention of diseases and catastrophic health conditions.
• Educating employers and other payers on the benefits and best in class products
available in the global marketplace.
• To create an annual meeting where all those industry participants in global benefits
can come together and network.
The GBA is a membership based association, joining in the early stages; individuals would be recognized as a founding supporting member. One of the first initiatives of the GBA was to establish the advisory board, made up of high level executive’s in the industry. These members will have the first official meeting at the Global Benefits Conference in Chicago, October 26-28, 2011. Advisory board members:
• Muna Almuallem, Manager of International Benefits, Mary Kay Inc.
• Justine Mitsock, Director of International Benefits, Citigroup
• Marc Reinhardt, President, Generali Employee Benefits
• Anthony Amato, Vice President Compensation & Benefits, Discovery Communications
• Mark Tomaszewski, Chief Marketing Officer, Global Benefits Group
• Richard O’Brien, Vice President of Global Benefits Practice, Aon Consulting
• Shady Nawar, Middle East Contracting and TPA Development Manager, Bupa International
• Jean-Philippe Provost, Partner- U.S. International Consulting Group Leader, Mercer
• Dr. Saif AlJaibeji, President, Emirates’ Health Insurance Association Group
• Dena Regan, Director, Global Benefits, JDSU Benefits and Compensation
• LeAnne Stefl, Sr. Vice President-Director, Global Client Advocacy, Willis North America
• Amy M. Acs, Manager, Global Benefits, Dana Holding Corporation
• Agnieszka Siemko, Global Benefits Program Manager, Cisco
The Global Benefits Association will have one official annual conference each year. This conference is one of the only international conferences that focuses on bringing together the employers, international insurance companies and foreign governments involved in purchasing and providing global benefits, expatriate health insurance coverage and travel insurance to employees and individuals. This global benefits conference will be dedicated to only the highest level executive attendees involved in this industry.
Note* Attendees of the conference will receive one year free membership of the GBA.
# # #
The Global Benefits Association (GBA) is the non-profit trade association for the Global Benefits and Expatriate Industry with it’s sole and primary focus being on international health insurance, employee benefits and other insurance benefits.