Oktoberfest hotels still available a week from start, says booking website
Eleventh hour tips to place yourself in the center of this year's festivities in Munich from hoteliers and data from Booked.net's direct connection to hotel reservation systems.
Swilling beer, partying and wearing the traditional costumes at this year's Oktoberfest in Munich might seem out of reach to the last minute traveler little over a week from the festival's start.
Think again says http://www.booked.net, which offers a live connection to hotel databases worldwide.
According to the hotel reservation website, hotel deals in the German city are still available.
A search of Booked.net's Munich hotel live databases shows more than 60 hotels still had rooms available for two between September 17 and October 3 – the dates of the festival.
The event, the world's most famous beer festival, takes place every year in September and October as the populations swells by thousands meaning hotel accommodation is at a premium.
However, hotel managers spoken this week said while bookings were solid, vacancies existed and rooms often became available due to cancellations.
Four Points by Sheraton Munich Olympiapark , reservation agent Kristin Bechmann said that they had rooms available from September 17 till 20 and in the first days of October, but they were fully booked from September 21 till 28. She also said that the hotel had neither special offers nor increased rates for these dates.
Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich, reservation agent Julie Schmidt said that room availability changed every day even though the hotel required a two-night stay to make a reservation.
Booked.net suggests you to book a hotel room before going to Munich and have a great time once you get there.
Chief operations officer Andrei Grudiy said the key to booking so close to a large event like Oktoberfest was flexibility.
“If dates at the start of the festival are unavailable try closer to the end of the month.”
Hotels also had a preference for longer term stays, so where one night may be unavailable, two or more more consecutive nights could be, he said.
“If you can't find two nights try searching for three, it is still possible to find a good hotel.”
Booked.net Munich hotels can be found here http://www.booked.net/
More information about Oktoberfest can be found here at the event's official website http://www.oktoberfest.de.
* A 16–18 day festival held annually in Munich, Bavaria, Germany from late September to the first weekend in October.
* One of the most famous events in Germany and the world's largest fair, it has been held since 1810.
* More than 5 million people attend every year.
* Only beer brewed within the city limits of Munich is allowed to be served in this festival.
* Up to 7 million liters can be consumed during the festival.
# # #
* Search17,000 destinations
* Up-to-date information about room availability
* You don't have to pay fees - for booking, administration or cancellation
* Credit card details are provided directly to the hotel