News By Tag
News By Location
Students excel in Sterlite’s vocational course
Tuticorin : Students under Sterlite Coastal Livelihood Project witnessed cent percent result in the tailoring course examination conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu during 2010-11.
Mr.Suresh Bose, General Manager, Human Resources, Sterlite Copper distributed the merit certificates to the students in a function organised at St.Ann’s tailoring and embroidery centre here on Wednesday.
15 students who appeared in the examination passed in first class. This is the fifth successive year, the students of tailoring course achieve cent percent result in the government examination on diploma in technical course. The course is sponsored by Sterlite under its Coastal Livelihood Project with an objective to empower coastal women.
Other than tailoring course, Mechanic AC & Refrigeration, Electrical Technician, Diploma in Desktop Publishing Operator & Tally, Electrician training, Beautician & Cosmetics and Diploma in Fashion Designing & Garment Making course are the certificate courses offered through this project.
200 students are getting benefitted through this project every year where only 25 % of the course fee is paid by the students for studying the courses. The rest 75 % is contributed by Sterlite Copper. Sterlite is spending Rs 14 lakh for this project.
The aim of the project is to create employability among the coastal youth in the district.
Sterlite Copper is implementing CLP for the last six years with the objective of providing alternate employment opportunities for the coastal youth. Last year, 84% of the students were employed and their average monthly income is Rs 4000.
Mr.R.Rajasekarapandy, Head – Corporate Social Responsibility, Sterlite Copper, Sister Sheela, Mother Superior, Sister Rosily, Administrator and Sister Leoni, Tailoring In-charge, Sacred Heart Hospital were present during the event.
Cut Line : Mr.Suresh Bose, General Manager, Human Resources, Sterlite Copper distributing the
merit certificates to the students of Sterlite Coastal Livelihood Project
For further information, please contact:
Head - Public Relations
Tel: +91 461 661 2926
# # #
We are India's largest non-ferrous metals and mining company and are one of the fastest growing private sector companies.