News By Tag
* Marietta Dentist
* Marietta Ga Cosmetic Dentist
* Dentist Marietta
* Kennesaw Dentist
* Dentist Kennesaw
* Baby Teething
* More Tags...
News By Location
Teething...What Every Mother Can Expect!
Teething tips can help your baby through a stressful time.
By: j Risoldi
Here are some symptoms of teething;
1. Sleep problems
2. Biting or nibbling on anything they can get their little hands on.
3. Not eating
4. Fussiness, whining or irritability
5. Swollen or Sensitive gums
7. Some cases babies can spike a fever right before the tooth pushes through
Babies go through a lot their first year of life and teething is just one of the developments. As awful as teething seems there are some ways to help alleviate baby's pain. Below is a list of a few safe helpful tricks.......
1. Ice a towel for baby to put in their mouths
2. Frozen teething ring can help numb the gums while they gnaw it
3. Massage their gums with your finger
4. Get a teething biscuit for them to gnaw on
5. Cold applesauce is cold on the gums and tasty
6. Try a children's pain reliever like Tylenol, etc.
7. Try Orajel (or something like it) to numb their gums. It usually works for about thirty-five to forty-five minutes of relief.
8. Frozen fruit pieces which are soothing and tasty
9. Rubbing vanilla extract onto the gums. Its warming and has a calming effect.
10. Clove oil although potent is very soothing as you would rub it onto their gums. You only need a few drops which you would dilute with water before applying.
Although teething can be a very stressful time for you and baby, it's important to understand your baby hurts. Try to make your baby as comfortable as possible, or it will only make it harder for you. The tips above are some safe ways to try to alleviate discomfort for a happy teething baby. Once your baby's teeth are in, you will be happy to see how much your baby is growing and developing says Marietta, GA Cosmetic Dentist.
# # #
Kirk Kimmerling DDS is a cosmetic dentist in Marietta, GA (near Kennesaw) at Verde Pointe Dental Associates. He is very passionate about his patients dental health and has made it his mission to provide the best possible treatment. It would be his great pleasure to invite you as a new patient to experience the office and excellent treatment.
Dr. Kimmerling provides a full range of services including teeth cleaning, teeth whitening, extractions, root canals, dental veneers, dental implants, tooth colored fillings, crowns, bridges, same day emergencies and more.
Kirk Kimmerling DDS
3698 Largent Way NW Ste 202
Marietta, GA 30064