Food Security Communications – the Missing Link for Action?
A new communications toolkit from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations helps food security professionals improve the impact of their work.
Indeed, food security professionals increasingly realize that they must communicate their knowledge strategically for their work to have maximum impact. A comprehensive food security communications toolkit from FAO will help make sure “information leads to action” by offering tips on:
- communicating strategically with policy makers – for maximum impact
- dealing with the media and building good relationships with journalists
- how to prepare a communication strategy
- exploiting the internet, social media and Web 2.0 technologies to deliver your message and engage in dialogues with global audiences
- writing policy briefs, early warning bulletins, needs assessment and research reports
- improving your writing skills and editing your work
While aimed at professionals working in food security related fields, the lessons in this toolkit can easily be applied to many other fields.
The toolkit includes readymade templates and is complemented by a self-paced e-learning course on food security communications.
For more information see: http://www.foodsec.org
Download the toolkit at: http://www.fao.org/
Access the food security e-learning course at: http://www.foodsec.org/
# # #
The EC- FAO Food Security Information for Decision Making Programme is funded by the European Union and implemented by FAO. It aims at improving the quantity and quality of food security information and analysis; and promoting its use in decision making at all levels.