News By Tag
* More Industries...
News By Place
The unadvice book for parents overwhelmed with information
Parents, whether new or experienced, can be overwhelmed with contradictory advice. Now, The Last Word on Parenting Advice is a journal book with only one printed page - "trust yourself," designed to give parents confidence.
Bestselling parenting author and speaker,
Professional Parenting Canada,
12018 Lake Erie Rd. SE,
Alberta, T2J 2L8
Author is available for interviews
RX for Parents Overwhelmed with Advice – an unconventional parenting book.
Parents, whether new or experienced, can be overwhelmed with contradictory parenting advice from friends, family, internet, books and videos. This new book addresses this plethora of information. “The Last Word on Parenting Advice” by bestselling author, Judy Arnall, offers parents that essential element of parenting – confidence, so that when they seek specific parenting information, they draw upon a strengths-based model of “let’s start with what we do well”. “Parents often agonize that every little detail of parenting, especially if it counters experts’ advice, might wreck their kids forever. This is not the intent of parenting education and information. There are many good ways to parent, and a few not-so-good ways. Parents need to reclaim their confidence and say, ‘This technique will not work for my child or my family, and that is okay!’ Parents iodcr know their children and their unique situations best.” Says author, Judy Arnall
About The Last Word on Parenting Advice:
The Last Word on Parenting Advice is a 128 page, 4.25X7 inches, trade paperback book with just one middle page of advice (All you need, on page 63), and many white notebook pages. It can be used as a purse-sized journal, grocery list, memo or sketch pad, and makes a great baby-shower gift. Purchase of the book includes a free download of the 150 page ebook, “The Parenting Information Maze: An Overview of Parenting Philosophies, Styles and Programs and How to Find the Right Fit For Your Family,” by Judy Arnall.
Available at Amazon.com, Amazon.ca and www.professionalparenting.ca $7.95 each CND or $9.95 each US. ISBN 9780978050924 Published by Professional Parenting Canada, copyright 2011, PDF Galley copy available for reviews upon request.
• "Whenever I start doubting my parenting, I just open this book, and feel so much better." Maija Mills, BScPT.
• "This book is a wonderful tool to help parents trust their instincts and stay true to their own parenting beliefs!" Elizabeth Deneer-Roche, B.ChSt.
• “An essential gift for every new or experienced parent, for those times they feel judged, unappreciated or are just having a really bad day” Brenda Beatty, CBE, and mom of 5.
• "Finally, a book that tells you everything you REALLY need to know." Nicole Brouwer, BSc BEd, Parent Educator and mom of two.
• “My partner loved this gift.” John Melisky
• “A fantastic book that really encourages you to trust your instincts as a parent.” Carolyn Campbell, Childbirth educator and mom of 4.
• “My mother-in-law gave me this book when I became a new mom, and I am forever grateful for this token of her support.” Angela Farrell
# # #
We offer parenting resources, books, videos, speakers and trainers. Specialty is parenting the digital generation.