News By Tag
News By Location
ASP Ship Management Group– Honey Software Global Roll Out
New Zealand based HRIS Software Company, Honey Software (www.honeysoftware.co.nz) announces a significant Global roll out of its Human Resources and Payroll system with an international ship Management Company.
Melbourne head quartered ASP Ship Management Group (www.aspships.com)
ASP Ship Management has this week rolled out the new version of the Honey Software system to its global operations covering payroll & crewing requirements in their Asian & European operations of approximately 1,500 crew.
Their global usage of Honey Software involves leading edge developments such as:
• Performance Reviews. Ship to Shore updates of their Employee Assessment process whereby performance reviews are updated on board, emailed ashore and automatically imported to Honey Software. KPI reports then enable the review of crew performance across the fleet by rank, by individual, vessel etc
• Payroll Updates On Board – payroll input sheets are sent to the Vessel Master every month. These sheets are updated, emailed ashore & automatically imported to Honey Software and processed ensuring a quick & accurate payroll process irrespective of location. The payroll rules are driven by the following:
o Experience in the rank for the crew member
o The rank and vessel they will be working on – e.g. an Indian Master on a Chemical Tanker may get specific awards relevant to that rank and vessel
o Individualised awards e.g. bonuses
• Recruitment – ASP Groups recruitment website is interfaced to Honey Software. All new applicants and their details are imported to Honey Software upon completion of their web based application
• Rostering – flexible rostering rules have been implemented to ensure
o Crew with current and relevant qualifications are automatically suggested for roles – rules are tailored for specific roles on specific vessels (e.g. for a Master on Dry Cargo vessel)
o Crew with suitable experience in both the required rank and vessel type are automatically suggested
o Vessel and office personnel are kept informed of crew changes and details via automated workflow
o Crews are rostered and the roster data then flows through to the payroll function.
• Vessel budgets – budgets are created for vessels driven by the crew rates & crewing requirements.
• Workflow alerts – additional workflow alerts added to manage crew qualification compliance
Head of Sales and Operations at Honey Software ,Andrew Mcleod, commented “We are delighted to communicate such a significant and positive development “ , he added “ We are rolling out a unique product that provides tangible cost and compliance efficiencies for a significant client in one of the largest sectors in the World , the shipping and logistics industry”. “Our Melbourne team have been doing a brilliant job on this project and will be working closely with our partners to further promote this innovative system into the Australasian logistics/shipping sector with strong interest already indicated from a wide range of organisations”
For further information or comment please contact
Andrew Mcleod on + 64 21 60 5042
# # #
New Zealand based software providing HRIS and Payroll software base on Microsoft CRM. Fully employee life cycle solutions fully integrated into the Microsoft suite of products. Multi country, Multi Currency fully configurable to any business need