News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Home Designs with ENRarchitects: Getting started with your improvements!
Fulfill your home improvement dreams. Here are the answers to your questions toward getting started on home remodels & additions, new homes, future improvement planning and landscapes with www.ENRarchitects.com
PRELIMINARY DESIGN PACKAGE
To assist you with determining the optimal design, phasing, and scope of work, ENRdesign Architects offer a Preliminary Design package. This arrangement enables us to explore design options and corresponding preliminary cost estimates, finalize the basic design into a computer model & floor plan, and create a detailed cost estimate, based upon recent, similar contractor bids and current industry rates. This preliminary design package fee is an hourly rate, limited to an agreed not-to-exceed (NTE) target to minimize your expense of exploring planning options. With this preliminary package, conversations can begin with prospective general contractors.
Here are some initial preliminary starting points. An estimated general contractor remodel rate of $150 per square foot includes all finishes, equipment & fixtures, and revision of non-load-bearing walls, but excludes major structural changes or additions (roofs, footings, bearing walls).
An estimated general contractor rate of $250/sf for new additions or major structural changes, also includes all finishes, equipment & fixtures, and revising of non-load-bearing walls.
Landscaping costs can vary, but a reasonable initial estimate is $5-7 per square foot, which typically includes demolition, hardscape, irrigation, planting & lighting.
These are rough, initial estimates, of course. The best estimate, besides a written construction contract, is a detailed, itemized estimate, based upon recent contractor bids and industry rates. This type of itemized estimate is included in our Preliminary Design package.
The Construction Document phase includes all the ENRdesign services listed below that are required to obtain a building permit and bids from prospective general contractors. At this point, the basic scope of the home improvements are established, from which we can negotiate a fixed fee for this phase of work. Our fee for a single-family remodel & addition is typically between 3-6% of estimated conventional construction costs.
CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENT SERVICES
In summary, ENRdesign provides complete comprehensive service including:
• Field measurements & photographs of existing conditions
• Initial feasibility studies
• Conceptual design & sketches
• 3D computer modeling
• Construction cost estimating
• Project schedule estimating
• Conventional structural engineering
• Coordination of Owner consultants (geotechnical, etc.)
• Client file web page for exchanging project information
• California energy compliance calculations
• Material, color, equipment & fixture selections
• Construction drawings & specifications
• Permit application assistance
• Assistance with contractor bidding & selection
For a single-family home remodel & addition, the Preliminary phase typically takes 1-3 months. The Construction Document phase is approximately 2-4 months for a single family home. These periods can vary depending upon multiple factors such as homeowner review boards, city planning and efficiency of our design collaboration. The City/County permit processing typically takes 1-4 months. Actual construction may vary from 4-10 months. The hard truth is that the overall project duration is often 8-20 months.
To assist with controlling the quality, budget and schedule throughout the construction phase, Construction Monitoring Services are an available option for an additional fee. Construction Monitoring Services are approximately ½% - 2% of estimated construction costs, and includes:
• Regular observation of construction progress on-site to assure that the project is built according to the design intent, budget and schedule.
• Communication of observations and recommendations by meeting, letter, phone or e-mail to the Owner and Building Contractor.
• Assistance to the Building Contractor with interpretation of the construction documents and design intent.
• Supplemental details & sketches, as required.
• Assistance to Owner with reconciling the Building Contractor payment requests with the actual work progress & quality.
• Participation in the final walk-through observation.
• Review of final punch lists.
• Verification of completion.
GET STARTED TODAY!
Give www.ENRarchitects.com (CA License # 29654) a call today at 805-807-4154 to arrange an introductory meeting at no charge. We look forward to our collaboration together to fulfill your home improvement dreams.
# # #
ENRarchitects has over 25 years of experience in the fields of architectural and biotech mechanical engineering design.
With attentive, personal reception to your ideas and goals, let us collaborate to fulfill your vision.