News By Tag
* It Market
* Software Research
* Enterprise Applications
* More Tags...
News By Location
New Firm Unveils Complete, Open-access Apps Market Research Library
APPS RUN THE WORLD Announces Company Launch With 10 Vertical Market Reports, Innovative Research Methodology
The go-live of the online research library at www.appsruntheworld.com coincides with its release of a series of new research reports focusing on the 2009 performance of more than 100 applications vendors and the 2010-2014 market outlook of 10 vertical industries from banking to utilities. Here are several key findings of the 10 new vertical market reports:
• As the economic recovery gathers momentum, the combined software revenues of the 10 verticals are projected to bounce back to reach $32 billion in 2010 at a 6% growth rate, reversing a sharp decline in license sales of a number of applications vendors and markets last year.
• By 2014 healthcare providers are poised to replace banks to become the biggest spenders of applications, riding on the collective desire of the private and public sectors to use new software to boost the quality of healthcare delivery in order to address global demographic shifts.
• Apps vendors focusing on smaller verticals like leisure will also rebound in 2010 with rising hotel occupancy rates, construction of new casinos and christening of mega cruise ships in 2010.
• A complete assessment of the impact of the recession suggests that end users are formulating new apps strategies to improve operations and customer relations in hopes of achieving business process transformation that could alter the competitive landscape across multiple verticals.
• Majors including IBM, Microsoft, Oracle and SAP are among the top 10 vendors in a variety of verticals following their heavy investments in vertical apps, but tier-two vendors such as Blackboard in education and Micros in retail also score well because of their domain expertise.
The publication of the 10 reports will be immediately followed by the release of 11 additional documents on verticals from environment and natural resources to wholesale distribution.
APPS RUN THE WORLD extends its scalable database to analyze the past and prevailing revenue and vendor trends with the use of an innovative SCORES methodology to compare the Strengths, Customers, Opportunities, Risks, Ecosystem, and Shares of apps vendors against those within their peer group. The result is an objective display of the near-term performance of these vendors that enables customers to evaluate their market standing in an intuitive and transparent fashion.
A unique value proposition of APPS RUN THE WORLD is free and open access to its research library. Free registration at www.appsruntheworld.com will allow members to have open access to a trove of market share and forecast data, research documents, vendor profiles, and continuous updates.
“APPS RUN THE WORLD is positioned itself as the most complete source for applications research for customers, vendors and tech investors with an open access approach that will become a clear alternative to inscrutable research methodologies and fee-based content delivery in legacy business practices of the IT market research industry,’’ said Albert Pang, president of APPS RUN THE WORLD. “By providing relevant and rigorous market research, we will be able to attract a growing base of followers that will turn to us for valuable insights and mission-critical data when they evaluate vendors for future apps purchases. For technology providers, we offer an extensive list of services to help support their product development, competitive market intelligence and business planning activities.’’
On APPS RUN THE WORLD’s research roadmap, Pang said, “We have plans to ramp up our research deliverables over the next 30 to 60 days, essentially doubling the amount of content to more than 2,000 pages that our members can readily access. We expect our research library will become an indispensable tool for our members to capitalize on the dynamics of the $100-billion+
About APPS RUN THE WORLD
Founded in 2010, APPS RUN THE WORLD is reshaping the IT market research industry with its total commitment to delivering quantitative and qualitative research on vertical and horizontal applications products, vendors and emerging technology trends. Its members have free and open access to an easy to use online research library that consists of hundreds of research documents, vendor profiles, and a growing collection of charts and market sizing data. Its extensive portfolio of worldwide research services includes vendor evaluation for end users, go-to-market consulting for vendors, and advisory services for tech investors, channel partners and other key stakeholders. For more information, visit www.appsruntheworld.com or email: email@example.com.
# # #
APPS RUN THE WORLD is reshaping the IT market research industry with its total commitment to delivering quantitative and qualitative research on vertical and horizontal applications products, vendors and emerging technology trends.