News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
State of the iPhone application market for augmented reality developers
Augmented Realty is set to be one of the biggest disruptive technologies of 2010/11. Mobile devices with multiple sensors and sophisticated software platforms are key to bringing this technology to fruition in both the consumer and enterprise markets
By: Augmented Planet
The iPhone Augmented Reality Applications report provides a detailed analysis of the entire iPhone augmented reality landscape. All of the data is cross-sectioned and categorized by release date, price and App Store category in which the application was originally published.
We present an in-depth analysis into:
• Published application trends
• Popular categories
• Augmented reality capabilities
Some findings of the research include:
• Prior to September 2009, there were only 83 applications listed as ‘augmented reality’ in the Apple App Store, in June 2010 there are over 480.
• In the first month that Apple began accepting applications that allow developers to present data in the camera view, there were 38 augmented reality applications published.
• On average there have been 35 augmented reality applications published every month in the first half of 2010.
• Augmented reality browsers account for 33% of the augmented reality iPhone market. Games only account for 11%.
• Whilst 43% of all augmented reality applications are free, the under $1.99 price point makes up the majority of all applications;
Who should read this report:
• Software houses wanting to develop new applications, or extend existing applications into this genre
• Marketing professionals who want to know the current capabilities of this technology, particularly trends in the mobile sector
• Researchers looking at this subject area
• Anyone interested in augmented reality
About the report
The report contains 80 pages of analysis on the application market for augmented reality applications on the iPhone. Extractions of the report are also available for anyone wishing to focus on a single category of applications.
Details about the iPhone augmented reality application report can be found at: http://www.augmentedplanet.com/
# # #
About Augmented Planet Limited
Augmented Planet Limited is headquartered in London, England and offers consulting to companies looking to build augmented reality applications across the web and mobile. Learn more about Augmented Planet at http://www.augmentedplanet.com.