News By Tag
* Play Guitar
* Learn Guitar
* Learning Guitar
* Guitar Coourse
* More Tags...
How Take Care And Maintain Electric Bass Guitar
Many musicians tend to buy their instruments more often because they don't know how to take care and maintain these properly.
By: Learn Guitar
Xaviera Arata Editor of the Learn To Play The Guitar website -- http://www.LearnToPlayTheGuitar.tv -- pointed out;
“…You have to take care and maintain your electric bass guitar if you don’t want to spend more money in another one…” Added Xaviera Arata
here are some of the things that you can easily do:
1. Pay attention to the battery. Since an electric bass guitar is an electronic piece, it needs batteries to function properly. Since this is a sensitive instrument, make sure that you check the batteries regularly for possible leaks and replace these often or as needed.
2. Monitor the condition of the strings. The strings are very important since these define the sound of the instrument. Make sure that you always keep these clean and changed regularly depending on how bright you want your sound to be when you use it. Experts say that ideally, strings should be replaced at least once a month to ensure that it maintains a bright and live sound. For flat wound strings are dependent on the consistency of its sound while round wound strings are expected to change sounds when they are at least two months old. Make sure that the strings are always clean and if your suspect there's something wrong with it, look at the string closely and observe how it vibrates.
3. Keep the humidity in your space at a moderate level. The conditions of the instruments sometimes are greatly affected on how cool or hot the place is. To ensure that changing temperatures does not damage the electric bass guitar, make sure that you keep it in a moderate level.
4. Monitor the fretboard. If you pay close attention to the fretboard, you are also ensuring the life of your strings. If your electric bass guitar has finished surfaces like those on Rickenbacker or Fender basses, the ideal cleaners may include Tres Amigos or Martin Guitar Polish because these are of high quality. Always take note of the sides of the frets where the frets meet the fretboard and make sure that there is no build up of dirt there.
5. Maintaining the beauty of the body. Make sure that you always wipe the beck of the guitar to keep your sweat from damaging the body of the instrument.
“…Make sure that you also don't let dirt build on the wooden and metallic parts of the electric bass guitar like the pickups and bridge because these are very sensitive and prone to easy damage when not cleaned properly…” Added Xaviera Arata
Further information, resources and reviews of the best learn to play the guitar guides you can get online by visiting: http://www.LearnToPlayTheGuitar.tv