News By Tag
News By Location
AirPcap Wireless Packet Capture and Injection Tools launched in Canada
Futura GTS partners with CACE Technologies to bring AirPcap USB-Based WLAN Capture Adapters to the Canadian marketplace. AirPcap models support 802.11a/b/g/n, Packet Capture, Packet Injection and Multi-Channel Aggregation.
By: Futura GTS
According to Larry Averitt from Intel’s Mobility Group, “…Whether diagnosing enterprise wireless issues or picking a channel for my Grandma’s wifi, this adapter is my favorite. It looks cool, it’s light as a feather and (since it’s integrated with WinPcap) it works seamlessly with Wireshark. CACE’ use of open source tools eases sharing of information between Intel and our customers, and their ongoing ability to deliver increasingly feature-rich and stable products is an outstanding example of quality software development and customer orientation.”
The AirPcap family is the first open, affordable and easy-to-deploy wireless packet capture solution for Windows. This new partnership between Futura GTS and CACE Technologies allows Canada's wireless technicians more efficient access to these great tools.
- Support for external antennas. This is a biggie: any serious capture adapter needs to have it.
- The AirPcap solution is built with packet capture in mind from the firmware to the application. Instead of relying on some “vendor driver”, CACE built their own. This guarantees:
- No interference with your regular networking
- Support for any Windows OS from Windows 2000 to Windows 7
- Superior capture performance / minimal packet loss, especially when doing multi-channel capture on 11n networks
- Wireshark integration:
- AirPcap adapters are easily run under VMWare on a Macintosh or Linux machine (or a VM session within Windows).
- Signal and noise reporting.
- The AirPcap adapters are capable of packet analysis in the 4.9 GHz band, and in many non-standard 5GHz bands
- Replay/injection feature. Useful for testing. There are a bunch of free tools that use this feature (e.g. Aircrack NG, Cain & Abel).
About Futura GTS
Based in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada, Futura GTS is a family owned and operated Value Added Reseller that strives to provide reliable and cost effective computing solutions. With customers ranging from SOHO to Enterprise, Futura appreciates the value of products like the AirPcap and Wi-Spy USB adaptors that allow technicians to troubleshoot wireless network issues quickly and easily. For more information, visit http://www.wi-
About CACE Technologies, Inc.
Founded in 2005 with the vision of offering superior tools to the networking community, CACE Technologies, Inc. has since become a leader in the network analysis industry. Our innovative product portfolio includes the AirPcap family of wireless packet capture adapters for Windows, the TurboCap™ full-rate dual-port Gigabit Ethernet capture and injection solution, and CACE Pilot™, a powerful and intuitive network analysis, visualization and reporting tool. CACE also provides support and development for two of the most popular and highly acclaimed open-source networking tools: WinPcap and Wireshark. All of CACE’ products are fully integrated with Wireshark and are designed to enhance the Wireshark user experience. For information on our tools and services, visit http://www.cacetech.com.
All trademarks are property of their respective holders
# # #
Specializing in supporting the SMB segment, we offer our clients full sales and on-site support service throughout Manitoba and North-Western Ontario. Our products include custom PC workstations and servers, printers, peripherals, networking and more.