News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
New Research Report on Evolving Enterprise Applications from Butler Group
New Software research report from Butler Group: "Evolving Enterprise Applications 2009 - Increasing the Business Value of Investments in ERP and CRM"
These should cover optimisation of the existing implementation, and evolving and improving it via intelligent additions. We should also bear in mind that the current tough times will come to an end, at which point systems will have to be fit and healthy in order to cope with the upswing, so paying attention to the basics now will pay extra dividends later.
Key Findings of this report:
* Enterprise applications are an easy target for cost-cutting initiatives but inappropriate cost cutting of the core applications that run the business undermines value and increases risk.
* Breaking down organisational silos, particularly between IT and business units, is fundamental to exploiting the innate value of enterprise systems but requires a collaborative culture and enterprise architecture approach.
* Applications are in a state of change – restructuring around a series of platforms and tasked with delivering process standardisation.
* Application extension is not just about adding new functionality but providing tools for insight, analysis, and collaboration.
* The Software-as-
* Under-utilisation of existing systems is a significant issue – 50% of standard functionality regularly goes unused.
* Standardisation is a major contributor to unlocking value and reducing costs.
* Strategic maintenance management can improve operational costs and release resources for value-generating initiatives.
* The next round of upgrades will be more challenging than normal technical or functional upgrades but is necessary in order to support the quest for business agility.
* Stability and flexibility appear to be mutually exclusive, but architectural change is starting to provide a solution, thereby providing a business case for additional investment.
* Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Business Process Management (BPM) are edging systems towards the much sought after alignment between applications and business objectives and application agility.
This Report reveals:
* How to make the most of existing financial and intellectual property investments in enterprise applications.
* What steps organisations can take to control the cost of maintenance and assess its real value to the business.
* The impact of Software-as-
* Where to direct investment in application extensions in order to secure the most effective returns.
* How technology change around SOA and BPM is impacting the way applications are constructed, accessed, and managed.
* The role of portfolio management and application consolidation in managing for business value and cost effectiveness.
* Why increased utilisation of standard components reduces cost and risk to the business.
* Why enterprise application upgrades are still so challenging and what can be done to ease the pain.
For more information or to purchase this report, go to http://www.fastmr.com/
About Butler Group
Butler Group is the IT End User division of Datamonitor Plc and is a leading provider of Information Technology research, analysis, and advice. Founded in 1990, Butler Group is respected throughout the business world for the impartiality and incisiveness of its research and opinion. Their comprehensive portfolio of Research, Events and Subscription Services caters for the specialised needs of all levels of executive, from IT professionals to senior managers and board directors. Furthermore, it covers every aspect of the increasingly important impact information technology has on every organisation, from technology selection decisions to developing effective high-level strategy and architectures. View more research from Butler Group at http://www.fastmr.com/
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.