News By Tag
* Point Of Sale
* Restaurant Pos
* Restaurant Point Of Sale
* Restaurant Software
* Restaurant Hardware
* Pos Software
* More Tags...
* Restaurant pos
* Point of sale
* More Industries...
News By Place
Point of Sale - Taking cash and so much more
Let me show you how you can earn more, save more and maintain your point of sale systems through this simple guide.
1. Wireless Hand Held Devices. Wireless hand held devices has become one of the first-rate restaurant handheld POS equipment that can serve your customers faster and with improved accuracy. Your servers will be able to present daily specials to your customers on the spot, process credit cards from one table to the next, send a quick bread requests to the kitchen, and be able to add walk-ins to the waiting list - straight from the handheld device. By this, your servers will be able to spend more time interacting and keeping your customers happy.
2. “Sticky” Paper Printers. Another one of the newest and most brilliant innovations in POS systems is the “sticky” paper printers. These printers use paper similar to a Post-It that allows you to post the receipt to different positions or locations again and again. Print the paper to whatever length you want, and stick to almost any surface where it will stay unless you remove and/or plan to stick it elsewhere. With printers like these, the paper can stay with the order through the entire order process. The new paper is also liner-free eliminating the need to manage non-recyclable waste and can be easily removed and restuck to a different surface - again and again, whenever you want. Use it for all orders, instant and special orders, as bag tags or any combination.
3. Digital Menu Board or Signage. Want to deliver media rich content, using video, audio and pictures to your customers using your POS system? You'll find some POS bundles have fully integrated and seamless digital menu board software that can be used to create content using the same database. Menu pages, titles, menu items and prices can all be interlaced with high-quality multimedia to give your restaurant menu board a dramatic, interactive display without having to purchase an additional system.
With a digital menu board, you can easily sent to display content from your restaurant's database in real-time, so the menu board continually updates throughout the day!
4. Self-Service Kiosk. Also called interactive kiosk, a self-service device like in. This great technology can be a piece of self-service hardware device that works in combination with a self-service software where customers can perform their own transactions. In a Restaurant Point of Sale System, a kiosk software may come in package and those that do not, allows adding a kiosk with no separate software required. Kiosk software can be used to cut down on labor costs and speed up the ordering process. It can even enhance customer’s user experience enabling a whole new level of profitability!
5. Cell Phone Paging. Some restaurants are selecting to take the more modern approach by paging customers' personal cell phones. The restaurant host or hostess simply takes the guest's cell phone number and inputs it into their cell phone paging system device. And when their table is ready, the paging system sends a call to the cell phone with an automated voice message to notify the guest to report to the front of the restaurant to be seated. This may be convenient way for guests who want to roam around farther than common pagers will allow and you won't fear of the customer walking away with your pager.
This small list is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to restaurant technology. Loads more to come...
Got a Question?
If you would like to know more about this topic or have a question in mind, you may ask for advice with our Restaurant POS professional serving your area.
The author of this article is the Vice President of Customer Relations at http://www.pos-
# # #
Searching for the best Restaurant POS System Solution for your business?
We're a National network of POS System Solution Experts who offer better value and features than most "Major National Suppliers"!