News By Tag
* Point Of Sale
* Restaurant Pos
* Restaurant Point Of Sale
* Restaurant Pos System
* Pos Systems
* Restaurant Pos Equipment
* More Tags...
* Restaurant pos
* Point of sale
* More Industries...
News By Location
Innocent-Looking Spam E-Mails -- They Aren't So Friendly After All!
Do you want to know why spammers tirelessly sends spam e-mails even though they're content is worthless? Read and learn their secrets! Protect your business from nasty spam, viruses and spyware.
Here are the 3 computer dangers you must be aware of:
1. Hijacking and spoofed e-mails. Spammers have acquired a new technology that effortlessly allows them to fool you by making it appear as though their spam e-mails are coming from YOUR computer. This can cause your connection to the internet be be temporarily terminated or put on hold by your service provider - all without your knowledge. A good spam blocking software blocks inbound spam as well as unauthorized outbound spam from your serves. That's why it would be a better idea to install one for your own safety.
2. Virus infected spam e-mails. Accidentally opening a spam e-mail with nasty viruses attached to it can cause your computer a lot of problems. You can end up with a crashed system, identity theft problem, lost data and much more. You think that your computer has just slow down, but it could also mean that your personal information is being collected without your knowledge and sent to a third party, either to sell or to be used by people with criminal intent.
3. Phishing spam - spam e-mails that leads to a phishing web site. Also called phishing scam. The attempt to collect personal information of an individual either to steal money from their bank accounts or use the money to go online shopping without the owners knowledge. A phishing spam e-mail sends some kind of fake notification or warning to an individual asking for his or her online bank account, social security numbers, passwords, and credit card information. To be able to make someone believe that their spam e-mail is from a trusted website, phishing sites mimics the exact same look of the authentic website..
What to do to prevent this?
Above all, it’s absolutely very important that you get a quality spam blocking software installed as a first line of defense.
Many retail business owner over look into this, so their restaurant POS system pays the price.
Next, you better make sure you don’t get on a spammers list in the first place. Once you’re on a spammer’s list, you'll never remove it; and changing your e-mail address can be a big hassle especially if you're using it to stay in touch with important business and personal contacts.
Here are some useful tips you must follow to prevent ending up on a spammer's list:
1. Using disposable e-mail addresses.
Using a free e-mail address like with Gmail or Yahoo to reduce your chance on getting listed on a spammer's list. Always use free e-mail accounts when you're shopping online or when subscribing to avoid getting your e-mail on their broadcast list.
2. Never forget to double-check those selection boxes or check boxes that are automatically filled in.
Make sure you don't check the box that says "Yes! I would like to receive discount offers from third party companies." when you're shopping online. Chances are, your e-mail address will be sent to every online advertiser.
3. Don’t post your main e-mail address on your web site, web forums, or newsgroups.
Spammers have special programs that can collect e-mail addresses from web sites without your knowledge. If you really want to post an e-mail address on your web site, it's much safer to use “info@” so all replies forwarded to a folder in your in-box that won’t interfere with your main address.
4. Don’t open, reply to or try to opt-out of obvious spam e-mails.
Doing so serves as a signal for the spammer that your e-mail account is active, and more spam will follow.
The only time it is safe to click on the opt-out link or reply to the e-mail is when the message was sent from a company you know or do business with (for example, a company that you purchase from or a newsletter you subscribed to).
Got a Question?
If you would like to know more about this topic or have a question in mind, you may ask for advice with our Restaurant POS professional serving your area.
The author of this article is the Vice President of Customer Relations at http://www.pos-
# # #
Searching for the best Restaurant POS System Solution for your business?
We're a National network of POS System Solution Experts who offer better value and features than most "Major National Suppliers"!