News By Tag
* Point Of Sale
* Restaurant Pos
* Restaurant Point Of Sale
* Restaurant Pos System
* Pos Systems
* Restaurant Pos Equipment
* More Tags...
* Restaurant pos
* Point of sale
* More Industries...
News By Place
A Spammers' Secret: Learn them to avoid them
Let's go behind the secrets in spam e-mails, annoying pop ups and viruses! You might think that some lousy programmer made a mistake on his coding and ended up creating a virus, better think again.
Below are the 3 dangers that any PC user must be aware of:
1. An increase in hijacked and spoofed e-mail addresses. Spammers has a new technology that easily allows them to fool you by making it appear as though their spam e-mails are coming from YOUR computer. This can cause your connection to the internet be terminated or put on hold by your service provider - all without your knowledge. That is why good spam blocking software will not only block inbound spam e-mails from your inbox, but also the outbound spam e-mails from your server.
2. Spam e-mails that carries viruses. Accidentally or intentionally opening an e-mail from an unknown sender can cause you several of problems. Mostly these unknown senders are the spammers who merrily spreard their virus-infected e-mails and waits for the unlucky person to open it and/or download its content. This can cause your computer to slow down, identity theft, loose data, endless popping of unapproved sites or even crashes the system! What's worst is that the personal data collected from your PC can be uploaded to the internet without your permission and use it to comit crime.
3. Phishing spam. A phishing e-mail may appear to be a legitimate e-mail from a bank, vendor, friend, or other trusted source. The purpose of this is to trick you into giving confidential information such as bank accounts, social security numbers, passwords, and credit card information. You’ve probably already received you have verified your information|
What to do to prevent this?
Above all, you must have a reliable spam blocking software installed.
Many retail business owner over look into this, so their restaruant POS system takes serious damages.
Next, you want to make sure you don’t get on a spammers list in the first place. Once you’re on a spammer’s list, it will stay there forever and possibly get distributed to more spammers; and changing your e-mail address can be a big hassle especially if you rely on it to stay in touch with your business contacts.
The following are some of the tips that can help you protect your e-mail from getting listed on a spammer's list:
1. Use a disposable e-mail address.
Using a free e-mail address like with Yahoo or Gmail can reduce your chance on getting listed on a spammer's list. Use free e-mail addresses when shopping online or even when subscribing to avoid getting your e-mail on a spammer's broadcast list.
2. Pay attention to check boxes that are automatically filled in.
Better make sure you don't check the box that says "Yes! I want other companies to send me their offers." when shopping online. There's a big chance your e-mail address can be sold to every online advertiser.
3. Refrain from posting your primary e-mail address in public places like your website or blog.
Spammers have special programs that can collect e-mail addresses from web sites without your permission. If you really want to post an e-mail address on your web site or business blog, it'll be much safer to use “info@” so all replies forwarded to a folder in your in-box that won’t interfere with your main address.
4. Don’t open, reply to or try to opt-out of obvious spam e-mails.
Opening, replying to, or even clicking a bogus opt-out link in an obvious spam e-mail signals that your e-mail address is active, and they'll send you more spam e-mails.
The only time it is safe to click on the opt-out link or reply to the e-mail is when it is sent by a company you know or do business with (for example, a company that you purchase from or a newsletter you subscribed to).
Got a Question?
If you would like to know more about this topic or have a question in mind, you may ask for advice with our Restaurant POS professional serving your area.
The author of this article is the Vice President of Customer Relations at http://www.pos-
# # #
Searching for the best Restaurant POS System Solution for your business?
We're a National network of POS System Solution Experts who offer better value and features than most "Major National Suppliers"!